Racing in New England

Any racing related stuff
Smokinjoe73

Racing in New England

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

So most of the town names are the same over here. A bunch of shires, boroughs, derrys, etc. The racetrack is a NASCAR track (300,000 fan capacity for the cars) plus an infield and outfield. Its right near Concord, New Hampshire.

Close race with the top 4 of us doing laps within a second of each other, we all led, so was a blast.
Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
lloydie

Re: Racing in New England

Post by lloydie »

Looks fun . Any more pics
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice photo :thumbup: ............looks like a mixed collection of old production bikes there, and you are on a 2 stroke. what class is it?

like Lloydie said, post up more pictures
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You're right that is close racing. As AMcQ says are you riding a twostroke :?:

Chris.
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

Ok so more blistering Loudon, NH photos.

Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
popkat

Post by popkat »

They look like old GPZ500's**. weird pic the top one, is there a little 2 stroke that you can't see between you, either that or you've got a 2 stroke pipe on one side of the bike :?

**or should that be GPZeeeeeeeee500 :lol:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

This is the production twins class. Back in 97 when I did race school on my cbr600, they were what the instructors rode. (kawi ninja500s). I was a crazy fast street rider, but those guys rode around me on the outside waving with one hand. I wanted to be those guys.

So I got a 500, put a shock on & did the forks & started racing. Then worked up to expert and started instructing. Got to be somewhat fast.

On my last trackday, the guy in the garage with me owned a bike shop & was on a ninja1000, brand new. He said it had 175hp. I told him I would go out with him in the "fast" group. (fast on a trackday is an oxymoron).

So I let him go first and followed for 2 laps. At the end of the front straight I late braked him and passed around the outside (maybe 110mph to 80 midcorner). Then disappeared into the distance. Before the end of the practice, I had come around the track and LAPPED him, passing around the outside of a different turn.

So back in the garage, I got to enjoy the disbelief. 175 hp vs 50 hp and more than 10 secs a lap faster. This is why its so much fun to instruct. I instruct for Ducati days, and you have never seen guys so made as when they cant catch you on a pannigale.

I always tell new riders. You have Michael Jordan's shoes, but they cant make you dunk.