Darley Moor

Any racing related stuff
Kev L

Darley Moor

Post by Kev L »

Don't know if I missed an update, but how did you get on with the first round of the season Popkat?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
popkat

Re: Darley Moor

Post by popkat »

Hmm, Sorry for no update, It didn't go well at all, 3 laps of practice on the Katana and the head & base gaskets blew big time covering me, the bike and back tyre in oil. I wasn't happy, when I got the ride back in October I was assured it would be all ready to race and test before the start of the season, what really happened was the owner didn't do anything until January, this meant that things didn't get back in time, I made the first round at brands at the very last minute, but it was snowed off, the engine wasn't the correct one for the bike, by now i'd realised that I would be doing all the building of the bike and engine, which still isn't ready to build as I still don't have all the parts. the engine for darley it turns out was from a pile of bits bike and even the previous owner hadn't had it running, it was a blow up waiting to happen. I missed Angelsey last weekend aswell. I'm hoping to be at Cadwell in mid June, but the barrels need boring, the engine needs layers of old paint removing and then building, I still haven't got gaskets and a cam chain. The barrels will be being bored next week and I hope to have the gaskets then, once it's built I need to do some running in miles before racing. So it's 50/50 if I make cadwell and there will be non of the promised dyno time to set it up :(
I thought I was racing for a championship this year but I've no chance of that now. Getting a sponsor was like a dream come true, all I had to do was get myself to meetings and try to come up with some of the tyres, so far I've bought the chain/sprockets, brake pads and put about 100+ hours into to building the bike, with more to come, so not quite the dream. I guess once i'm out there racing i'll be happier. If I make cadwell i'll have to use that round to learn the bike as well, but hopefully be on the pace for Pembrey and Donington.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That's a pisser mate, sorry to hear about the problems you've had. Better luck for the future rounds.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hope you get it sorted and Finnish in the points
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

sounds like a lot of hard work you have got infront of you, and it would be bad enough if it was your own bike, but to have broken promises from your new sponser is a tough one :(

on the plus side, you can still end the season on a high and make sure the sponser and the rest of the championship boys know they have just borrowed the top places and you will be taking the cup next year.

we expect lap records after Donington :thumbup:
AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

Thanks guys, I'll be doing my best to be out at Cadwell :thumbup:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s