superbikes-two races?

Any racing related stuff
callam_nffc

superbikes-two races?

Post by callam_nffc »

Why do they have a race one and race two?

I've only just started following British/world superbikes
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
seb421

Re: superbikes-two races?

Post by seb421 »

Just the way it is mate, i suppose if you have a nightmare of a race at least you have another crack at a podium in race two

MotoGP Prototype vs Superbike production-based is the most fundamental difference between the two types of series.

MotoGP race weekends feature practice and qualifying sessions leading up to a single race on Sunday.

World Superbikes have a similar routine, but they have two races on Sunday with just a few hours between them so racers can make adjustments to their bikes and try again.

It can make for an exciting "double win" or "doing the double" when a racer is able to come first in both races :thumbup:

Back in the day you would get MotoGP racers doing multiple races say 500's and 350's like Agostini and most of the other legendary riders

Nowadays you look at a MotoGP racer and they are physically and mentally drained after some races where the superbike lads never look to be as wombles,

i've even seen lorenzo looking like he just can't give anymore and he's widely regarded as the fitest racer in the pack (i read his book a few years back and his regime was brutal)

with the braking forces in MotoGP i doubt any rider would be able to give 100% in a second race on the same day, saw a picture the other day of dovi hard on the breaks at the end of the straight and it looked like his neck was being wrenched off his body in the shot on camera i've never seen that with the superbikes

they say Pedrosa is suffering with the neck at the moment with the lack of riding and racing with the off season and this is why he was down on the expected times, he might come good again after a few races

Don't know what his weight is at the moment but last year he managed to put half a stone of muscle on throughout the year as he hadn't picked up an injury that year, you could tell he was physically stronger in the last half of the race year with the way he was able to drive the bike out the corner Stoner style and hang off it more, hope he's back on form soon as he was a great spectacle last year
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
callam_nffc

Re: superbikes-two races?

Post by callam_nffc »

Ah nice one cheers mate, yeah Ive seen some of the gp guys after races looking like they're in agony

So with chaz this weekend lets say, did he get two lots of points?
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...