BSB at Brands

Any racing related stuff
carpkisser

BSB at Brands

Post by carpkisser »

It's my 50th this year. Rather than have a one big bash I'm doing a few things during the year. One of these is some bike racing so my missus has booked Sun 21st July in the Paddock grandstand. I've not been to Brands for years so any tips on where to go, what to do etc appreciated. Or any other Stormers going, park 'em up together, go for a tea etc? :D
Wicky

Re: BSB at Brands

Post by Wicky »

21st July
It can be very hot (hard to imagine that at the moment) - So if going on your bike, take a big bag to put your leathers in and to carry around, and take some cooler clothing to change into. Take a picnic to avoid the on-site extortionate food & drink prices.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

so any tips on where to go
Mr Mon's. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

As Wicky says take your own food & bottled water as prices are high then they add on a bit more as it's a BSB.

Good call on the extra bag for your bike gear but take a pac-a-mac or something as this the UK summer we're talking about, so expect rain.

Expect to que up a long time for the bogs & expect them to be awash with piss...prey you don't need a number two !

If you are going by bike, watch for cops / speed cameras, spesh on the drop down the A20 from the M25!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Is my hazy memory correct in that Sainburys have a marquee there sometimes?

Many moons ago I camped there for a very late summer/autumn weekend when WSB moved the last race from Italy or sumfink and was surprised to be able to stock on extra nibbles.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

No sainsbury's marquee that I can recall.
There's a minimart sort of place within walking distance (10 mins walk) but tbh the best bet is a ride to Asda in Swanley- their cafe isn't too bad, and cheap enough.
Otherwise the Oakdene cafe opens form 6 on a Sunday, at Wrotham, 10 mins away, a big local biker meet and a huge fryup type transport cafe meal for not much money.

The local pubs on the main road aren't worth bothering with, but the Pied Bull in Farningham has real ales and is a good biker's pub- home to the local Honda and Triumph OC's and a couple of vet/vintage meets every year.
Camping's ok there, but I can provide space in my garden for tents, and transport up to the track, and there's loads of B+B's to be had. also the posh Brands Hatch Place on-site hotel used by some of the teams, so you can have breakfast with some of the riders.
Also a few other more reasonable hotels within 10-15 mins riding.

Oh, and there's usually a helmet/leathers park bus where you can drop off your stuff, to save carrying it about all day- well worth it. They also charge mobiles etc.
And yeah, you can drop round mine!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

will you be running a shuttle bus service this year tony........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!