RoadSmart III

Spotted another fellow Stormer? See if it was anyone on here!
bertye

RoadSmart III

Post by bertye »

I had some Donlop RoadSmart III fitted a few weeks back, and what a difference to the way it handles. No longer am I constantly correcting it. Change of surface in corners were horrid, and tracked every grove in the road. It is now very neutral (like my 750 hurricane,) so can now have full confidence in the feedback from them. Today very cold with wet salt on the roads, and not a hint of movement. Same roundabout that always felt it was trying to spit me of, did not need to correct once, so happy to do hand signals now. took it down the ruts/ grooving in the roads, not a hint of trying to ride off or of any direction change. So would I recommend them, A definite big yes. :D
lloydie

Re: RoadSmart III

Post by lloydie »

New tyres always feel good
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

lloydie wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:58 pm New tyres always feel good Image
Agree.
Doesn't matter what you had on before, or what tyre you fit when you change them, the new one always feels great.

Having said that, the independent tests done by some magazines seem to report good results from these tyres.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

they sound good.. what tyres did you have on before?
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Square ones by the sound of it
bertye

Post by bertye »

lloydie wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:58 pm New tyres always feel good Image
I know that new always feel better that old ones, but I have tried all sorts over 40 years plus, and these are the best I have ever had. My old one were not worn out, and I never even bothered to see what they were, and they don't show up in any of the pictures I took of the bike. They also used to spin up to easy. The write ups are very good for them, which is why I went for them.