Storm needs a home

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Storm needs a home

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I have run out of space to store bikes and I have a yellow (fast!) Storm that needs to go somewhere. This is not a sales ad as the idea of putting it on Autotrader or eBay is an anathema. I hate the idea of some oik after a cheap bike not appreciating its wonderfulness. Plus, I don't need the money. What do I do? I keep fairly good service records and whilst I've missed out general ongoing titivation (and when I fitted the front tyre that looks fairly new) the situation is as follows:

As of 30/7/20 @ 26979 miles and MOT (to 30/7/2021) with no advisories
1300 miles in the last 3 years. Nitron shock, roger’d forks. F4i calipers and MC. Headlight relays and high output bulb. Carb balancing hoses. Powder coated wheels. Refurbished headers. Decent reg/rec. OEM auto tensioners with stopper mod. Bridgestone BT016 Pro tyres. Braided brake lines front and rear. Baglux tank cover. Overall cosmetic condition fair. Mechanical condition excellent. Plenty of spares.

Miles since:
Air filter, plugs, front pads, brake fluid. Seals and bearings to swingarm and dogbone. Blackbird sidestand. New copper and graphite seals to exhaust. 339 miles.

Oil and rear tyre (BT016 Pro). 1306 miles.

Front wheel bearings and seals. Headstock bearings replaced with roller bearings. 3711 miles.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
freeridenick

Re: Storm needs a home

Post by freeridenick »

Damn. If this had been a year or so ago I'd have given you that trailer in exchange. Pretty sure that would have been fair :wink:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Serious thought. What about donating to a local charity for them to auction?
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

freeridenick wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:48 pm Serious thought. What about donating to a local charity for them to auction?
When someone says: 'I don't need the money' I think it might be a throw away line!! :D
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

If you're looking to sell, I can't help you I'm afraid, but if you want to store it, we're moving close to Thirsk pretty soon, not that far from you is it?
Now I've sold track bike and trailer, I've only got 1 storm, and we'll have a double and single garage free you can store there if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Miztaziggy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:24 pm If you're looking to sell, I can't help you I'm afraid, but if you want to store it, we're moving close to Thirsk pretty soon, not that far from you is it?
Now I've sold track bike and trailer, I've only got 1 storm, and we'll have a double and single garage free you can store there if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
That's a very generous offer, well done 😃👍
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Yo Mr Ziggi! Long time. Hope you are well. That would be great. No rush since the weather remains summerish. Will get in touch via email or similar. Thank you.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)