Out of Action...

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: Out of Action...

Post by Kev L »

Luckily you have your additional digits (not seen in photo!) :wink:

Looks sore mate, get well soon.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Not again - did the cone jump out at ya....

On that note this evening one of my club's cricketers 4 overs in the game did this to himself ... and held the catch! First game of the season for the poor chap.

Don't dare telling him your horror story...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ouch!
Well at least with a bit of practice you’re starting to bounce a bit better. No broken bones is a bonus.
Get well soon ya dafty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:44 pm Not again - did the cone jump out at ya....

On that note this evening one of my club's cricketers 4 overs in the game did this to himself ... and held the catch! First game of the season for the poor chap.

Don't dare telling him your horror story...
Ouch ! been there done that... Told it would heal up ok on its own...months later ended up going back in to have it plated.

With that being so far out I'd susspect he will get that plated straight away...

Keep us posted...
Clav 270917 1.jpg
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hey, Mac, sorry to hear this.
One of your lesser ones, though, and it's not as if you don't have enough spare bikes to use.

Rats across London are congratulating themselves for the old cone trick.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Cut the strapping off, nice bruising blooming, still a bit sore, had a shower, all ok.

Got me bike gear on & pulled Custurd from the lair...

Gloves on...sore... went for a wee ride as a test... Yes I can pull the clutch with two fingers but don't have full control over clutch doing that so deem that unsafe to ride. Plus I can't hold the bar as you would normaly as curling the finger in question is still sore...

Came home, bike away, gear off... 15mins or so I'm dripping with sweat...

Called work blew out tomorrow, had another shower, re strapped up finger, coffee on, feet up...& relax.

I have Mon, Tues & Wed's booked off any way so no need to panic will go back in next Thurs should be good by then... :thumbup:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Wait, are you still experiencing more bike crashes than underwear changes?

I gotta admit it's impressive that your still alive! Glad you're mostly okay and you're even able to make jokes about things, like not having 6 fingers and whatnot
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Let's all keep our fingers crossed oooooooh!! 😂👍
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:13 pm Wait, are you still experiencing more bike crashes than underwear changes?

I gotta admit it's impressive that your still alive! Glad you're mostly okay and you're even able to make jokes about things, like not having 6 fingers and whatnot
Dont change them anyway, just throw away once they start to rot through... Saves on washing powder... :lol: :lol:

Anyway it wasn't a crash, didn't loose control or fall off just caught a cone...

Ask Pete L about his trying to move an obstuction in the road with his foot... 8O
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Richard wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:16 pm Let's all keep our fingers crossed oooooooh!! 😂👍
Right thats you in the little black bok as well... :x
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Hope you didn't bend the swing arm. :twisted: :thumbup:
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote:
Virt wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:13 pm Wait, are you still experiencing more bike crashes than underwear changes?

Dont change them anyway, just throw away once they start to rot through... Saves on washing powder... Image Image

Anyway it wasn't a crash, didn't loose control or fall off just caught a cone...

Ask Pete L about his trying to move an obstuction in the road with his foot... 8O
I think Pete has earned the benefit of the doubt though given that he hasn't had more accidents in the time I've seen him active than I've had hot dinners! Also Pete is old and senile so of course he's going to have a harder time of things

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Virt wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:44 pm
MacV2 wrote:

Dont change them anyway, just throw away once they start to rot through... Saves on washing powder... Image Image

I think Pete has earned the benefit of the doubt though given that he hasn't had more accidents in the time I've seen him active than I've had hot dinners! Also Pete is old and senile so of course he's going to have a harder time of things
Oi!
I resemble that remark!!!

Actually I think I'm so senile I've forgotten how to fall off :crazy:
Ask Pete L about his trying to move an obstruction in the road with his foot... 8O
How the hell did you remember that? Nothing wrong with your brain! Don't listen to what everyone else is saying about you, I'll stand up for you :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:58 pm
Oi!
I resemble that remark!!!

Actually I think I'm so senile I've forgotten how to fall off :crazy:
Ask Pete L about his trying to move an obstruction in the road with his foot... 8O
How the hell did you remember that? Nothing wrong with your brain! Don't listen to what everyone else is saying about you, I'll stand up for you :wink:
Because it made me laugh when I read it... :lol: :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

I would love to hear this story, how tipsy does Pete need to be to give us some story time? I can order the alcohol to him if needed