Out of Action...

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: Out of Action...

Post by tony.mon »

I'll ask him tomorrow night in Scotland and report back....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I will bring whisky, we will have him admitting to anything by the end of the night
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 am Again... :lol: :lol:

Don't panic, despite a 4 hour A&E torture session... No fracture just bruising...

Strapped up & sitting at home, can't get a glove on, can't ride to work... Feet up, TV on...

HOW, WHAT, WHERE...

Road Cone with light on top, left hand interface whilst filltering through road works...

Ring finger bruised & swollen...

On way home last eve about 15.30...

Cone interface 2.jpg

Bit pathetic really but christ on a bike it feking hurt... :lol: :lol:

Please note the correct amount of digits on hand so no 6 finger jokes please I'm hurting... :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile in tabloid land....

Braking News...Following on from yesterdays incident we managed to track down the injured party for an inteview...

Although he said he didn't want any publicity & to fek off & leave me alone I'm just doing my job.

He did say the git deserved it, got to close & paid the price...

We then had to leave sharpish as his mates started to back him up, It could have got nasty...

Grime Sleezbag, Reporting for the BS-Times..

th.jpg
Are you sure you didn't catch your fingers in a mouse trap :wink: :lol:
My apologies if someone else came up with that as I haven't read every post.

I hope you're on the mind Mac, I'm sure that must have been rather painful all the same,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:26 pm

I hope you're on the mind Mac, I'm sure that must have been rather painful all the same,

Chris.
No mice were involved Chris...

When you say ''I hope you're on the mind Mac.'' Is that a reference to my mental state...? if so I'm fine wibble wibble... :crazy:

Yes it hurt like fek at the time but is getting better now, still a bit stiff & sore but full movement is almost back...

I've been out for a ride & been in the MacCave tinkering a few times...

Had a few days off on leave back to work on Thursday...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 am
sirch345 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:26 pm

Chris.
No mice were involved Chris...

When you say ''I hope you're on the mind Mac.'' Is that a reference to my mental state...? if so I'm fine wibble wibble... :crazy:

Yes it hurt like fek at the time but is getting better now, still a bit stiff & sore but full movement is almost back...

I've been out for a ride & been in the MacCave tinkering a few times...

Had a few days off on leave back to work on Thursday...
Oops my sincere apologies Mac, "mend" it should have been. No nothing to do with a mental state :thumbup:

Glad it's not so painful as it was :D

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So heres weird for ya...

Clobberd me mitt last Tues & went to the A&E that night... Was seen nice & quick, x-ray, all good no fracture, tape it up & here is a leaflet with some exercises to do...

So I keep it strapped up till Sunday basicly, was still a bit stiff but nothing a man who rode 8 miles with a fracture dislocation on the right humerus, can't take...

Anyway I had Mon, Tues, & wed's off as leave so went back to work on Thursday, no issues with movement or pain, maybe a little sore If I'm honest.

This is where it gets weird...just coming back into the Yard & me phone rings...couldnt get it out of me pocket & pull over quick enough so it went to voicemail... So I parked up & listened to the voice mail msg... 'Hello it Dr Shizbut (or something...) I saw you on Tuesday in A&E, I've been looking at your x-ray & there is a small fracture, nothing to worry about but I've refered you to fracture clinic & they will be in touch...In the mean time strap it back up'

Errr ! WTF... So any way I go back in to the office as I have to see the boss'es boss to do a back to work interveiw, he tells me that as I've had three bouts of sick leave in the past year it triggers a formal reveiw with HR...naughty boy any more & I could be sacked... Only got to get to September & It goes back to normal...

So I told him about the call I just got & let him listen to the voice mail just to prove I'm not lying... :lol:

So this eve just as I'm walking into the office the phone rigns & it's the fracture clinic... If you come in on Monday Or Tuesday there will be a x-ray request form at the desk for you to pick up & have an x-ray it will be revewied & we will call you back in on the 12th...

Well i'm back at work now theres not really an issue with it so I don't think I need to come in... ' OH Ok so shall we cancell the appointment then? '

Yeah no need it will save an x-ray...

Honestly you couldn't make this up... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Your getting your monies worth out of the NHS 🤣
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

I think 'Dr Shizbut' is Marc Marquez's doctor. :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Yesterday Thursday I received a text message from my Doctor's surgery to say my appointment for Friday today at 15.20hrs had been cancelled, so I will need to phone in and re-book it. I hadn't re-booked it, then today I get another text message to say don't forget your appointment at 15.20hrs :crazy:

So I phoned them up and asked them which message should I be following :)

Chris.