Second bike opinion

General Biker Banter
Nosepicker

Re: Second bike opinion

Post by Nosepicker »

SmileyVTR wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:54 pm Update: After a small test ride I opted for the Street Triple (went for the black because they offered £700 of free accessories...oh, and it matched my helmet, so effectively saved for a further £400, lol).
Now put 700 miles on it and OMG it's just amazing. The shifter/blipper is so useful, engine is smooth and linear, handling is incredible - and no more aching wrists after 30 minutes.
Still use the Storm for 2-up riding (or the odd spirited commute just to keep the cobwebs away) but it does make riding the Storm fell rather old school, a lot more clunky, rattly and harder effort to turn at any speed. HOWEVER that engine breaking and exhaust rumble cannot be replaced, it's gorgeous!! Today coming into Matlock Bath the run-off sound turned heads whereas the ST wouldn't have.

Congrats Smiley.
Your new Triumph looks great - and what an impressive photo, looks pro :thumbup:
I can easily understand if the Storm feels a bit agricultural after a spin on the ST :)
Bad choices make good stories :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nosepicker wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:38 pm
SmileyVTR wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:54 pm Update: After a small test ride I opted for the Street Triple (went for the black because they offered £700 of free accessories...oh, and it matched my helmet, so effectively saved for a further £400, lol).
Now put 700 miles on it and OMG it's just amazing. The shifter/blipper is so useful, engine is smooth and linear, handling is incredible - and no more aching wrists after 30 minutes.
Still use the Storm for 2-up riding (or the odd spirited commute just to keep the cobwebs away) but it does make riding the Storm fell rather old school, a lot more clunky, rattly and harder effort to turn at any speed. HOWEVER that engine breaking and exhaust rumble cannot be replaced, it's gorgeous!! Today coming into Matlock Bath the run-off sound turned heads whereas the ST wouldn't have.

Congrats Smiley.
Your new Triumph looks great - and what an impressive photo, looks pro :thumbup:
I can easily understand if the Storm feels a bit agricultural after a spin on the ST :)
I was also impressed with your photo's :clap:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

thats a nice pair of bikes to choose from :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:23 pm thats a nice pair of bikes to choose from :clap: :clap:
If ever there was a phrase to quicken a man's heart "that's a nice pair"
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Richard wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:20 pm
fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:23 pm thats a nice pair of bikes to choose from :clap: :clap:
If ever there was a phrase to quicken a man's heart "that's a nice pair"
Haha, like what you did there buddy, always gets me that phrase.!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:23 am
Richard wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Really pleased it's all working out for you.
And it's yellow so of course it turned heads 🤣👍
Yeah it will do, people turning round to be... :sick:

Do you know I never thought of that, does that explain your recent upsets you were just sliding on sick!!!!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
A slick, sick, slider!!!!