Covid 19 virus

General Biker Banter
freeridenick

Re: Covid 19 virus

Post by freeridenick »

It's going to be a very different world when this is over.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

you have to hope that the f*ckwits that fight over toilet paper are the ones who get hit worst and it starts to wipe those with that selfish mentality out of the population...…… where is Dawins theory when you need it most!.

knowing our luck, those selfish f*ckends will also be first into hospital and use up all the available beds and medicines and all the restrained and caring people will be 2nd in the Q there as well. net result the decent people will die and the ratio will tilt further in favor of the F*ucktards :x

I am stock piling cans of petrol and getting the turbo fitted to the Z900 …….. its madMAX [or is it MadMac] time
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

When did you get a Z, or have you got your eyes on one stashed away in someone else's room??
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

The military is on stand by ! Get ready for 2 week lockdown peeps .
I might get round to clearing my garage out !
Been offered a 98 at a very good price 😉
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

What Boris isn't frankly telling us...

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... 3-2020.pdf

16 March 2020, Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team

Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID- 19 mortality and healthcare demand
We show that in the UK and US context, suppression will minimally require a combination of social distancing of the entire population, home isolation of cases and household quarantine of their family members. This may need to be supplemented by school and university closures, though it should be recognised that such closures may have negative impacts on health systems due to increased absenteeism. The major challenge of suppression is that this type of intensive intervention package – or something equivalently effective at reducing transmission – will need to be maintained until a vaccine becomes available (potentially 18 months or more) – given that we predict that transmission will quickly rebound if interventions are relaxed. We show that intermittent social distancing – triggered by trends in disease surveillance – may allow interventions to be relaxed temporarily in relative short time windows, but measures will need to be reintroduced if or when case numbers rebound. Last, while experience in China and now South Korea show that suppression is possible in the short term, it remains to be seen whether it is possible long-term, and whether the social and economic costs of the interventions adopted thus far can be reduced.

To avoid a rebound in transmission, these policies will need to be maintained until large stocks of vaccine are available to immunise the population – which could be 18 months or more. Adaptive hospital surveillance-based triggers for switching on and off population-wide social distancing and school closure offer greater robustness to uncertainty than fixed duration interventions and can be adapted for regional use (e.g. at the state level in the US). Given local epidemics are not perfectly synchronised, local policies are also more efficient and can achieve comparable levels of suppression to national policies while being in force for a slightly smaller proportion of the time. However, we estimate that for a national GB policy, social distancing would need to be in force for at least 2/3 of the time (for R0=2.4, see Table 4) until a vaccine was available.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grumpyfrog wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:58 pm When did you get a Z, or have you got your eyes on one stashed away in someone else's room??
Unfortunately not :( .... It was a reference to mad max 1, the police biker Goose had a Z900. Don't tell me you are too young :lol:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The coucil big wigs had a meeting yesterday... We are on the cusp* of no more home visits... So all trades who visit properties will be cut out, who knows for how long.

I may be on lockdown meself soon *

One of my fellow pesties is self isolation at the mo, his partner work for NHS...

* knowing the council this will all be over by the time they decide tho... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Just been reading about oil prices being under $5 a barrel :eek2

https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts/45
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well i went into work today, i work in parliment buildings Belfast, called up to the HR department :eek2 oooh sh1t what have i done?

to be told Robert you are in the at risk group having diabeties so pack your bags and go relax at home, we will give you a call in April,or May,or june or maybe even july or whenever Boris decides its safe to come back...

THANKYOU BORIS. i owe you a pint.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

so thats means the garden and bikes will never look so well, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

In isolation with SWMBO and also high risk as diabetic. I do have a cough, headache and general lethargy, but then that's normal for me!!!!
The biggest risk I think is uxoricide!!!!!!
🙊🙊🙊🙊
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wife is also sent home as she is from a high risk group, presumably having to live with me......

It's not good news for Greta, no point in a school strike when there's no school anyway. We can think about the environment when we know who's still in the gene pool. For now, emissions are reduced; if this keeps up we can expect another ice age as well. Ice-olation?

I re-read the standard email virus statement in our corporate email footer; I know it doesn't refer to Covid but is quite amusing. Check yours out!

I worked from home today, but off to work tomorrow- the office is officially closed but I need to go in as I need to post out a mail shot and newsletter, can't be bothered to buy envelopes and pay for postage from home. So off on the train to sunny Ground Zero. There are more cases in London than anywhere else, and more in Southwark than anywhere else in London. Guess where my office is?

Silver linings, and all- normally I don't visit my mother on mothers day, but this Sunday I might have to get the bike out and head for Warwick to get a visit in. We had a load of boxes of chocolates left over from the Christmas mail-out to staff which go out of date shortly- there's only so many choccies the office girls can eat, so I'll reallocate one.
That's if we're not restricted by then. With a bit of luck she'll be out.

I'm going to over-compensate big-time next year, assumming I'm still around. I quite fancy South Africa for a few days.....I should have quite a bit of carried-forward holiday left to use.

In the meantime I have no intention of keeping up the two days/week dry- so chin chin! :beer:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Last edited by tony.mon on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

In isolation too, as my youngest was sent home from school Tuesday because of a cough - a frigging cough! My wife and kids are at more risk from me than from corona virus, am going stir crazy!! Working from home is harder than working in the office and more stressful, can't wait to get back. Hope my XSR700 still gets delivered next week!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

11:47: *TRUMP SAYS FDA HAS APPROVED CHLOROQUINE FOR
USE IN COVID-19

11:48: *TRUMP SAYS STILL COLLECTING EVIDENCE OF
CHLOROQUINE EFFICACY

11:48: *TRUMP SAYS CHLOROQUINE RISKS LOW AND ARE WELL-
KNOWN

12:12: *FDA SAYS IT HAS NOT APPROVED CHLOROQUINE FOR
COVID-19 USE
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Just read about Chloroquine & Remdesivir, nice to hear a little uplifting news.

I Googled ( malaria drug chloroquine and the experimental antiviral experimental drug remdesivir )

Also just listened to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM6vNRSKT4Y