I'd like to sell my bike

General Biker Banter
Fabiodriven

I'd like to sell my bike

Post by Fabiodriven »

Hey guys. I wanted to post a for sale ad in the appropriate section of the forum but for some reason I'm getting the message that I don't have permission to post there. I wasn't sure why that was, but I'd like to sell my 99 Superhawk if anyone were interested. I'm traveling the United States right now and a dual sport would much better suit my needs. I wasn't searching but a street legal 02 XR650R (not 650L) was just put out for sale in the neighborhood here up the street. I couldn't say no to it, but the hawk has to go now. I'm asking $2,500. Currently in Ocala Florida.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Fabiodriven on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tony.mon

Re: I'd like to sell my bike

Post by tony.mon »

Another chancer who can't follow the rules.
Pls delete, Admin.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fabiodriven

Post by Fabiodriven »

What is a chancer?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sorry, its probably lost in translation.
Someone breaking the rules to put an ad in where the rules say clearly you can't just join and use the forum as a shop window without contributing.

You need Facebook for that sort of thing.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fabiodriven

Post by Fabiodriven »

This is not my first thread. In the short time I've been on the forum I've been quite active. I even bought a voltage regulator from a member here. If you all aren't interested that's fine. It's a nice bike and will sell.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

You might have better results selling on the more US centric Superhawk forum https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/.

Technically to post in the For Sale and Wanted section here the requirement is to have 50 posts under your belt, and you're just shy of that number.

vtr1000.org Rules and Regs - Please Read
11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.
Funnily enough stumbled for some reason on this site with XR650R goodies a few days ago http://www.xr650r.co.uk (though oddly lacking an email address contact)
Last edited by Wicky on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Fabiodriven

Post by Fabiodriven »

OK I understand! Thanks very much for the explanation!
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Is it free delivery........ :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Fabiodriven wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:37 pm OK I understand! Thanks very much for the explanation!
You only need another 14 posts to advertise it on here, although as Wicky said, the Superhawk forum might be a better option considering your location.

Chris.

PS. Thanks Wicky for explaining that :thumbup: