Royal Family - Yes or No?

General Biker Banter
Mav617

Royal Family - Yes or No?

Post by Mav617 »

Hi guys,

Are the Royal Family just an anachronism now and is it time to get rid? Couldn't really care less either way but sick of hearing about 'Arry and Megxit, perhaps we should do away with the lot of them?

Wish I could work as "hard" as they do for charity....
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Re: Royal Family - Yes or No?

Post by fabiostar »

il look after Kate AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAl day long if there stuck. :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Oi! That's my cousin albeit 6 x removed😁. Seriously her gran is (was) my 5th cousin, so not the royal side. Despite that I think it's time they were slimmed down as as for Harold and his Mrs keeping a freeby pad over here, supposedly one of their demands, let them pay for it.
I listened to someone last night saying we`re too tough on them, really? They've not even started any serious royal duties and 6 wks off at Christmas! She even said the US have no equivalent to our gutter press.... What's the national enquirer then? Like Shania said that don't impress me much!
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

I am somewhat of a traditionalist and believe in maintaining links with history, BUT the Royal Family no longer seems to have an authoritative function, save for giving the Royal Assent to new legislation. Parliament and Prime Minister (with cabinet) do most of the country 'running'.

I believe there is a case for trimming the Royals. To me, there is no need that the 4th or 5th in line should supported (at least in part) by the taxpayer. And how much are those friggin' Corgis costing us?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
popkat

Post by popkat »

Royal family Yes.

But just let Harry go, lets face it most of the world believes he's someone else's son so not even a royal, should have been brushed under the carpet as a small child, sent away to lead a life not as royal but still looked after, it's not his fault after all.

If they want to go it alone then that's how it should be, get jobs look after themselves, they'd be ok as companies and charities would still have them as ambassadors so they earn (shouldn't profit from charities though).

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ginger boy done good, then threw it all away., following his d1ck.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:00 pm Ginger boy done good, then threw it all away., following his d1ck.
Well pretty much on the money there, but don't we all at some stage😂😜
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Wicky wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:33 pm Image
can`t say I have seen them about (and I live in Montreal)...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Probably the sanest thing Harry could do in his position (£30 million or so in the bank) - getting away from dysfunctional royal mad house firm along with with Kate & William sprogging off pushing his ascendancy ranking down. He's quite wealthy enough to live off his 'savings' to continually holiday 365 days of the year even if dad cuts off his allowance.

Though it'll be interesting how he'd replace the couple of million he gets from Charlie & Queenie - maybe Meghan can ease back into work again part-time acting to begin with when kid begins school. William worked for a while as a civvy rescue helicopter pilot - Harry IIRC qualified as a co-pilot gunner. Maybe he could train to be a lumberjack...

;-)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

While I agree the Royal Family isn't perfect, William and Harry have brought them somewhat into twenty first century.

For me journalists and the press have a lot to answer for :crazy:
I'm sure not every journalists fits that category, or every newspaper come to that, but plenty certainly appear too in my opinion,

Chris.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

If we didn't have a royal family we'd have a president - personally, the thought of a President Thatcher in the past would have been sickening, for some President Blair would be equally galling, not to mention the equivalent of President Trump or Putin.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Stratman wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm If we didn't have a royal family we'd have a president - personally, the thought of a President Thatcher in the past would have been sickening, for some President Blair would be equally galling, not to mention the equivalent of President Trump or Putin.
Wouldn't happen.
El Presidente doesn't like rivals setting up, he might have had to dream up an "accident" for them-a sort of tunnel vision....
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:30 pm
Stratman wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm If we didn't have a royal family we'd have a president - personally, the thought of a President Thatcher in the past would have been sickening, for some President Blair would be equally galling, not to mention the equivalent of President Trump or Putin.
Wouldn't happen.
El Presidente doesn't like rivals setting up, he might have had to dream up an "accident" for them-a sort of tunnel vision....
Very good..I might make you Minister of Puns...

A tunnel you say..now theres a thought...

I say let them eat cake...like the ones Rasputin scoffed...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Well, thats all settled then.
All they have to do is move the hyphen: Suss Ex-Royal.