The dead zone

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

The dead zone

Post by tony.mon »

The bleak midwinter... The gap between Xmas and the new year, where neither the baby cheeses or the Solstice hold sway, where nothing happpens.
The place where you go and but "cheap" things, until you get home to find them even cheaper on the gloomy Web.
When the only thing that happens is maybe relatives you don't like might call....
Nothing happens, most of the shops you might want to go to are shut and the online ones won't deliver until you are back at work.
Where the only thing you can think of is to challenge your other half to scrabble, but become so drunk mid afternoon that by round two, a third "decider" round is pointless.
And you go to bed" for a snooze" intending that by the time you wake up it will be tomorrow, one day nearer to normality.

God, I hate this time of year.

Whare actually you want to try to mow the wet lawn in the early evening just so that you can play with an engine for a while before giving up and conceding that it won't start until spring.

And where you drive to a shop to buy vegetables that you can dig up from your own garden simply to have somewhere to go.

You could go out on the bike, but they keep bloody gritting, the shirts.....

The icing on the cake is when your wife says
" you always want time off, but then you don't like it when you get some"

How do you explain that you want time off in warm weather when you can be on your own, in your crash helmet, with nobody able to talk to you, by yourself? Just you and a vague destination....

I may be bah-humbugging on my own here, but God, I wish it was spring.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Re: The dead zone

Post by MacV2 »

Nah what a load of bolax... Rode mine on 25th & back home in the poring rain on the 26th...

I do get where you coming from tho...

Bah Humbug as well...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

I hear ya Tony, :thumbup: im taken cabin fever here but got a scoot out today while i wait for those parts you were talking about to arrive :eek2 :eek2

is it spring yet
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

10 degrees and dry clean roads today. Fitted in a zip around on the little KTM with summer kit on. Maybe more tomorrow (today....)

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

same here Tony. its a frustratingly non productive week. waiting for parts, and too many interruptions to get stuck into anything
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You moaning gits, when Christmas holidays are cancelled due to lack of interest, you'll then have something to moan about :p 8O
If you're fed up doing nothing I'm sure the better half has a job or two around the place that needs doing, so do that now so you've not got it to do in the spring :Tongue2:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

:lol: nice one Chris ........ T Mass :D

to make it worse, the new Battery for Normans KTM should heve arrived on 31st ... now I get an email saying the are waiting on new stock and it will be 10th of Jan.
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

dry warmish roads today cheered xmas up and 120 miles of looning about on the Aprilia give me my fix :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:31 pm :lol: nice one Chris ........ T Mass :D

to make it worse, the new Battery for Normans KTM should heve arrived on 31st ... now I get an email saying the are waiting on new stock and it will be 10th of Jan.
I have to admit I have been known to moan about the post at this time of the year :shh:

Apologies for my rant earlier,

Chris.
nachtjaeger13

Post by nachtjaeger13 »

Was out on my storm today in a warm 13°C in Aberdeen,which is an incredible temperature for spring up here,let alone winter,but still looking forward to spring so long as today's temperature won't be a trade off against lower spring temperatures.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

There are quite a few zero-cost mods you can do on the bike. I'll give you a list if you like. Most of them weight reductions which I know you are so fond of.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It’s just an excuse to go the pub and get pissed call it a warm up session for NYE
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

To occupy myself today I worked from home in the morning and the sledgehammered, circular sawed and axed the old rabbit run into small enough pieces to go in my tip run car tomorrow.
I expect the car will smell very badly for a few weeks.

It was guilt that gave me the energy.

The one remaining rabbit can go in a smaller run my daughter had to buy.

Then I had a bacon sandwich followed by Christmas pudding.
It's a funny old time of year.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Well Tony, we can get pie-eyed tonight under the excuse of bringing the New Year in :) :beer: :beer:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

So tonight we got a phone call from the curry house at the end of our road, saying that they had a few seats available for the NY disco and fireworks curry fest.
Forty pounds a head.
So we said no.
Half hour later they rang back saying, tell you what, just pay for the food and drinks.

So we're going to have a turkey curry down the road.

Walking distance, so what's not to like?

There's a first time for everything, never had a curry house ring us up to ask could we please go, before.

Might have a drink with you, Mav- Kingfisher OK?