Fitting fireblade forks ?

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: Fitting fireblade forks ?

Post by fabiostar »

is there/was there not a hagon rear shock in the sales section. think flatty was selling it ,never used and not big money either. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
thelens

Post by thelens »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:54 pm is there/was there not a hagon rear shock in the sales section. think flatty was selling it ,never used and not big money either. :thumbup:
I cant afford it just yet anyway. My bike is in biketech right now. Full service with all fluids changed and a one tooth larger rear sprocket fitted.
Also checking out the head bearings as the bike shook its head a little when I let go of the bars and almost gave me a tank slapper the other week.
I think its likely they came loose. Otherwise its new head bearings.
I think the next job will be sorting the suspension out.
Hence the question ! First will be the front end for sure.
I guess im looking for the best value upgrade.
I know folk fit blade forks so naturally this is a deffo option.
I suppose what I really need to know is if the blade option is much better than having my original forks tuned !
Bang for buck you might say.
I intend to keep the bike for a good while, so I want it as good as I can muster.
I will get it done bit at a time. Worst thing is Im hopeless with mechanics so I pay out for others to fit and sort out.
I will only fit a blade front end if someone convinces me they are much better than having the originals fettled.
Seen a Maxton shock ( none adjustable ) for £350 on ebay. So I shall most likely go that route.
Would be great to get all done at the same time, but its the cost :D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you're not mechanically minded, would you play with the adjustments on a blade usd front end?
If not, then get the storm ones fettled.

If you are capable of setting sag and feeling the difference when adjusting rebound and compression damping then the blade unit gives you adjustment potential you don't get with std ones.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
thelens

Post by thelens »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:41 pm If you're not mechanically minded, would you play with the adjustments on a blade usd front end?
If not, then get the storm ones fettled.

If you are capable of setting sag and feeling the difference when adjusting rebound and compression damping then the blade unit gives you adjustment potential you don't get with std ones.
Yes I can certainly ride the things but I prefer to leave the mechanics to the experts.
:lol: my life depends on the bike being sound :lol:
Not to mention my lack of tools :thumbup:
I did manage to fit my rack n top box correctly. :clap:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Get em Rogered...

http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk
The fork “tune” that I offer for Street and occasional Trackdays will cure all the well documented VTR front suspension issues.
It consists of different linear springs to suit your weight, different shims, different oil grade, different air gap, modified spacers, modified OEM valves, modified damper cartridge and modified damper rods. The cost of this is £275.00 (forks sent by Carrier) and this includes return carriage to any UK Mainland address.
If you wish the forks to be fully reconditioned with new oil and dust seals as well as replacement guiders and sliders there is an additional cost of £90.00
I generally receive forks on a Tuesday or Wednesday as the guys take them out over a weekend. If that happens I usually return the forks on Friday of the same week so they can re-install them over that weekend and can go for a “Sunday run”. Having said that, I do only work part time these days so you must contact me before you send the forks.
Here is the info I need inside the parcel:-

1) Your weight with your riding gear on
2) Your usage eg Street and occasional T/Days
3) Your RETURN address
4) Your daytime contact telephone number
5) Your Payment cheque for £275.00 (£365.00 reconditioned) or £385.00 (£475.00 reconditioned) made payable to R.J. DITCHFIELD
6) Send to:-

REVOLUTION RACING
SMITH GREEN DEPOT
STONEY LANE
GALGATE
LA2 0PX

Tel. 07970 915259
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
thelens

Post by thelens »

Wicky wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:25 pm Get em Rogered...

http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk
The fork “tune” that I offer for Street and occasional Trackdays will cure all the well documented VTR front suspension issues.
It consists of different linear springs to suit your weight, different shims, different oil grade, different air gap, modified spacers, modified OEM valves, modified damper cartridge and modified damper rods. The cost of this is £275.00 (forks sent by Carrier) and this includes return carriage to any UK Mainland address.
If you wish the forks to be fully reconditioned with new oil and dust seals as well as replacement guiders and sliders there is an additional cost of £90.00
I generally receive forks on a Tuesday or Wednesday as the guys take them out over a weekend. If that happens I usually return the forks on Friday of the same week so they can re-install them over that weekend and can go for a “Sunday run”. Having said that, I do only work part time these days so you must contact me before you send the forks.
Here is the info I need inside the parcel:-

1) Your weight with your riding gear on
2) Your usage eg Street and occasional T/Days
3) Your RETURN address
4) Your daytime contact telephone number
5) Your Payment cheque for £275.00 (£365.00 reconditioned) or £385.00 (£475.00 reconditioned) made payable to R.J. DITCHFIELD
6) Send to:-
I shall give you a call when I am ready.
Thank you :D

REVOLUTION RACING
SMITH GREEN DEPOT
STONEY LANE
GALGATE
LA2 0PX

Tel. 07970 915259