Long Weekend in Britanny

General Biker Banter
Beef

Long Weekend in Britanny

Post by Beef »

Went to britanny on thursday morning with the wife and a bunch of mates, we sailed portsmouth to Caen, stayed in a Farmhouse type place called Manoir de Kervingant just outside of Tremel. Cracking place, enabled us to have comfortable social evenings. Manoir de Kervingant

We had a ride out every day,
Fri we went to a museum that was a Bunker that was part of the atlantic wall, very interesting.

Saturday we just rode the coast to the NE of us, had some rain which reduced the fun, but still a good day out.
Sunday we rode through the national park to the SW to a place called Morgat
Amazing roads, pretty much empty, nice lunch by the coast.

Monday got up to head home, thick hoare frost over everything and 1 degree!.........I had no cold weather clothing-summer gloves (heated grips packed up last year - thanks Ducati!!) Heading back to the port we stopped at Mont St Michel for a look around, very impressive and well worth a visit if you're in the area. (Typical pricey tourist place mind!)

Then got the 4:15 ferry back to Portsmouth (after only just making the ferry due to our blasé attitude to the time! :lol: All in all a great weekend with friends. Tired today getting up for work.......but I shouldn't complain - my mate is heading home to Kinlochbervie!! He covered 650 miles before the weekend started and is now riding the 650 miles home as I type this! 8O

I shall add pics of the routes we did later, if anyone wants the gpx files for TomTom or Garmin if they wish to use them, more than happy to oblige.

I need a holiday :lol: :lol: