OHHH FFS !

General Biker Banter
MacV2

OHHH FFS !

Post by MacV2 »

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/ne ... -from-2022

I wonder if this will apply to bikes ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Re: OHHH FFS !

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Ridiculous.It will take forever to overtake on motorways and all lanes will be slow.We have all seen how long and how far it takes for one lorry to pass another thus clogging two maybe three lanes.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:46 pm Ridiculous.It will take forever to overtake on motorways and all lanes will be slow.We have all seen how long and how far it takes for one lorry to pass another thus clogging two maybe three lanes.
aparently there will be an overide function...

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... are-forced

& I doubt that it wont be long before someone finds away to get round it...

I mean surely police cars, fire engines & ambulances won't have them fitted... ''We are sorry your wife/husband/son/daughter died only the ambulance had to stick to the speed limits...'' ect ect
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yep I've known about this one for a while.
https://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43172&p=472834&hilit=speed#p472834

Every new vehicle which we will all be forced to purchase or be charged eco-taxs or whatever other excuse they can come up with to get people to spend more money and comply will have the system built in. I'm sorry but there is no escaping it when we live in a digital world surrounded by camera's, telemetry, gps and everything else. And most of these devices enabling it to happen is through our own choice and naivety in what we purchase and how we not only use tech but by using it we are supporting the development of it. You maybe able to disable gps on your vehicle but how long before it starts to use the gps on your smartphone or other device. Combine that with all other databases and information they have on each individual and the picture gets bigger. It's been on some cars for years where the vehicle can be made to keep a certain distance behind the car in front.

The next one will be insurance companies forcing onboard camera's upon us. It's possible that they could be integrated into this tech too. But of course it will be made out to benefit us as the sales pitch and give us cheaper insurance. You may all think I'm crazy and wear a tin foil hat but I warned about this years ago. It's becoming more and more predictable the direction things are going to take. Best get a horse and cart as that will be faster and may actually work out cheaper if fuel prices rise more which I'm sure they will once electric vehicles becomes the next big thing. A few years later and then they will all be automated and self driving / riding and we will have no more control and just sit in or on it. Program your destination in then join the road train and be dragged along at whatever speeds they set us. There's one big problem with it though...the loss of speed camera revenues etc so they need to come up with replacement revenue makers.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/ne ... -from-2022

I wonder if this will apply to bikes ?
From the article "Drivers will be able to override the system by pressing hard on the accelerator," :) and with tin foil hat on and a message is sent to your insurance company...

In the world of electric pedelec bikes esp Bosch / Giant leccy motored mainstream ones they are fixed to a max assisted speed of 15.5mph - though there is a thriving aftermarket derestriction bypass dongle to allow max speeds up to 30-45mph.

Chinese motors used in homebuilds are usually if at all unrestricted but if they are then easily circumvented via the the control panel.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

This is all done by GPS. Block the signal and its over ridden... Surely that is it?
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You'll stil be able to speed in tunnels then.
And it'll fti e up the price of secondhand vehicles.
And also kill the car Industry- who would buy one?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I should think the new car industry will have a great year in 2021.Unless they are selling Ferrari's , Porche's or similar.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
bigbadjonno

Post by bigbadjonno »

It's not all done with GPS - the forward facing camera detects the road signs and displays it in the dashboard. It's only a small step to using it to automatically limit the car. But as the article says, it's not 100% accurate.
But yes, I think camera, black box, GPS will all be compulsory within a few years. Its already in most modern cars, just the dots need connecting up. The insurance industry will be the biggest driver for change. Any opportunity to get out of a claim!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

can you imagine buying a new Lambo. what speeds it do Mr? same as your mini metro lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Who knows it may even eventually make journeys faster and more fluid as there wont be any or at least minimum accidents which cause traffic jams and congestion, vehicles will sync with traffic signals so no more sitting at Red lights late at night when there is no other traffic as the lights will detect you, if there are pedestrians, any other vehicles etc and will automatically switch to Green. 5G is the other contributing factor to all this. The biggest problem apart from taking the control and human factor away from us is that it will be boring and automated. In fact it will be so boring we will be pleased to have the vehicle drive itself as we can then have a sleep, watch TV, sit on your computer or anything else. But it's going to take the fun factor away from driving / riding, the need for speed, the buzz factor it gives us to drive or ride and the competitive factor with other road users. The risk factor, as humans we get a buzz out of taking risks and pushing limits, some of us more than others.

Sports vehicles have no future accept for on the track or as a show of wealth and something to pose with. Speed may even become a thing of the past on track and instead they will concentrate on electrical performance and making things as eco friendly and as safe as passible. We're seeing it now in motorsports. F1 is so safe now that it's mega boring, there's more and more electrics, even automated systems that control when kers can be activated. It was more exciting when the there was a risk of death, cars crashed and went up in flames. Now the drivers don't even drive the cars, they control the electrical and computer systems onboard and the car pretty much drives itself and all under the limitations of those back in the pitt and all the driver does is steer.

Our biggest worry will be systems getting hacked, especially with 5G so it will require some kind of fail safe system which will most likely bring everything to a halt until it gets resolved. Emergency vehicles are another entity and they will have some kind of override, maybe some kind of encrypted tunnel (network layer) and password, fingerprint, retina scan or whatever to bypass. Basically our road systems are turning into the www and our vehicles will be treated as packets going from A to B.
==============================Enter the Darkside