New Job...

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: New Job...

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good decision mac.

like somebody said, its a good feeling to know there are other jobs out there and they want you ... so that puts you in a good position with your current employers to start to negotiate some improvements ... but only after you have actually got back to full time working :?
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Big question is do they pay sick pay lmao
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I mean if your doing that then when do you get time to spend the 3k ?... :lol:
That's only so they can pay their bills and be able to afford the transport and parking changes getting to work :lol: You don't think they get to spend it on themselves do you. Work is about earning money to pay other companies and government. If you have a few pennies leftover to spend on yourself afterwards then that's a bonus. You might even be able to afford those free range eggs instead of the mass produced factory produced robot eggs if your really lucky.

All these companies have to do is keep people hanging on by a thread. Max work and max profits and pay as little out as they can get away with. It's terrible because the majority are only earning min wage because that is the legal min requirement or maybe a little teaser of few pence more, and they shove extra hours onto the work day so 9 or 10 hour days are the norm now. No more 9-5 with an hour lunch. Lots of folk even have to work weekends so don't bother with Church on Sunday. No longer do people get an 1 hour lunch. 30mins unpaid lunch is the norm now. People are now treated like those factory hens and we are no longer free range. And if you really really lucky you have a job and it hasn't been taken over by modern tech automation and robotics outside of the human spectrum. The reality is that most folk are better off working under 16h a week and making up the difference with benefits. Gov love this as it means you can have two people doing the same job 1 does 1 half and the other does the other half of week and that's two people employed then getting unemployment figures down.
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:02 pm
I mean if your doing that then when do you get time to spend the 3k ?... :lol:
That's only so they can pay their bills and be able to afford the transport and parking changes getting to work :lol: You don't think they get to spend it on themselves do you. Work is about earning money to pay other companies and government. If you have a few pennies leftover to spend on yourself afterwards then that's a bonus. You might even be able to afford those free range eggs instead of the mass produced factory produced robot eggs if your really lucky.

All these companies have to do is keep people hanging on by a thread. Max work and max profits and pay as little out as they can get away with. It's terrible because the majority are only earning min wage because that is the legal min requirement or maybe a little teaser of few pence more, and they shove extra hours onto the work day so 9 or 10 hour days are the norm now. No more 9-5 with an hour lunch. Lots of folk even have to work weekends so don't bother with Church on Sunday. No longer do people get an 1 hour lunch. 30mins unpaid lunch is the norm now. People are now treated like those factory hens and we are no longer free range. And if you really really lucky you have a job and it hasn't been taken over by modern tech automation and robotics outside of the human spectrum. The reality is that most folk are better off working under 16h a week and making up the difference with benefits. Gov love this as it means you can have two people doing the same job 1 does 1 half and the other does the other half of week and that's two people employed then getting unemployment figures down.
Er...I get paid for a 7hr day...Start at 8 finish at 4...which as you note is 8 hours...So no I don't get paid for the hour off for lunch...By law you have to have a min of 20mins...

I've made it quite clear to my various managers that I should have an hours brake, so if they give me work that impinges on it don't moan when I get back & leave 30 mins early...

I don't particularly like eggs TBH so lord knows why I'd want to spend 3k a year on them...thats a shite load of eggs...one might get a bit egg bound... :Toilet1:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:37 pm Blew it out...staying with RGB unless me numbers come up then they can go F*** themselves... :lol: :lol:
Well done in making a decision Mac, not an easy decision to make I'm sure :clap:

I bet you feel better for it though :thumbup:

Just think, when you are at home after a days work, you could have been still working overtime with the other job :wink:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:58 pm
MacV2 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:37 pm Blew it out...staying with RGB unless me numbers come up then they can go F*** themselves... :lol: :lol:
Well done in making a decision Mac, not an easy decision to make I'm sure :clap:

I bet you feel better for it though :thumbup:

Just think, when you are at home after a days work, you could have been still working overtime with the other job :wink:

Chris.
Eggsactly... Oh & my numbers did come up on Tuesday...Unfortunaly only 3 of them still the £8 is better than nothing...

Somebody won 63million...not UK tho.. 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

you made the proper choice Mac.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Er...I get paid for a 7hr day...Start at 8 finish at 4...which as you note is 8 hours...
And that is why you made the right decision because the council is a doss and they will look after you. It's part of the gov so they look after their own. The same with any other public service job. Go and work for a private firm who have shareholders that need feeding and it will be a different kettle of fish.
==============================Enter the Darkside