New Job...

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: New Job...

Post by Kev L »

Good luck, whatever you decide mate
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Blew it out...staying with RGB unless me numbers come up then they can go F*** themselves... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Better the devil you know Macster well done mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Think you made the right decision
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

And dont forget I will carry your suitcase if you numbers come up but no packing more than a thong and the sunscreen 😂
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:sick:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:51 pm:sick:
I quite agree Kev... :sick:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Hmmmmm you offer to help.......
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

To be fair any bloke in a thong :sick:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

The Up Side is
There are other jobs out there and you got offered one
Take that as confidence if you should get peed off in the future there is other work out there for you and you don’t have to stay stuck if you don’t enjoy your return to work.
Well done you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sensible decision Mac. The modern day work culture is like slavery and too many health and safety molly coddling and paperwork etc everywhere. That new job sounds sweet on paper but my guess is the reality of it is that if you had taken it then there would have been a very good chance after a month or so you may have regretted it. Companies will say anything to glorify a job and get employees in the door, especially if they come with previous experience. Get you foot in the door and then it turns out to be not quite as they said. Your trapped then unless the previous employer is willing to take you back but the odds there are that they will have given your job to someone else. And why would they want you back anyway as your no longer reliable and could leave at any moment. Nobody knows what a job is going to be like until they start working there no matter what's said on paper so in an ideal world you want to work there while keeping the previous job, test drive it and then decide which one to keep. You may have been working with a bunch of knob heads and badly run company.

Your biggest problem is the commute so you need to find a way to make that easier and take the pressure off. Public transport is a no go because that's too unreliable and expensive and you have to share it with all the germs. Maybe what is needed is a more comfortable and cheaper to run two wheeled machine for commuting. Either that or become an MP and then you can have your cake and eat it. I'll vote for you.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Beef

Post by Beef »

I get you can make up the salary with overtime.......but at what point do you end up living to work rather than working to live? :)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Beef wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:17 am I get you can make up the salary with overtime.......but at what point do you end up living to work rather than working to live? :)
Yeah when I spoke to them to say no thanks, they did try to sway the decision with the 'some of my blokes are taking home £3k a month...' ...

Yeah sorry but reality is I'm a lazy feker & I don't want to be working till 6/7 pm every day...I mean if your doing that then when do you get time to spend the 3k ?... :lol:

I'm off to check me numbers...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Right decision in my view Mac.Better the devil you know and all that crap.After all said and done they looked after you financially during your time off.Try and negotiate a van from them.
Last edited by alanfjones1411 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

:Woohoo: Woohooo

My numbers did come up !

Ok so only 3 of them but the £8 while not getting me that far that will require a suitcase...every little helps... :lol: :lol: