Just 'cause it's in a magazine don't mean it's that special

General Biker Banter
freeridenick

Just 'cause it's in a magazine don't mean it's that special

Post by freeridenick »

A braced swinger and some trick suspension and they call it a 'special'.
DSC_5842.JPG
tony.mon

Re: Just 'cause it's in a magazine don't mean it's that special

Post by tony.mon »

There are a few other touches, rear sets, underslung rear brake, system, wheels and Brembos, and the forks are not just painted standards.

They've spent some money, but unless there's engine work it will still be underpowered, long, and quite heavy.

Wouldn't mind a ride, though....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

perhaps not the most comprehensive redo I have seen, but a nice bike nonetheless. I do wonder why he modded the fuel tank (apparently re-shaping the bottom portion for ram-air tubes), however.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

mik_str wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:09 pm perhaps not the most comprehensive redo I have seen, but a nice bike nonetheless. I do wonder why he modded the fuel tank (apparently re-shaping the bottom portion for ram-air tubes), however.
I was wondering that too. I can't see an airbox when I get as close as my eyes will focus.

I was being a little flippant. It's nicely done but not any better than many bikes on here.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I wouldn't say no to the exhaust and I may be wrong but that tail fairing looks a bit like a Mario Nava. As for the forks I prefer Al's Aprilla forks with the Gold. Really it's about time Robs NI Spondon Mori got put in a mag. Once it's running again that is. If not because it's a Spondon Mori but because of the sheer amount of work and expense that has gone into it as well as the custom home fabricated bits and pieces. It also has a good background story with hunting down it's history and all the parts.
==============================Enter the Darkside