Asgard garage (big green shed)

General Biker Banter
SmileyVTR

Asgard garage (big green shed)

Post by SmileyVTR »

So moved in with my partner and that wouldn't be complete without the Storm being there too.
Unused section of garden removed (painfully - should have hired the pneumatic drill from day 1),
supporting walls fitted, patio laid, and then the large Asgard shed fitted (took 2 of us 4 hours).
More expensive than alternatives but SOLID and secure as f*** (I couldn't part with my gal).

Rubber matting fitted (ooh that smell)
Solar lighting system installed (so no cost for fitting off mains)
Everything needed fits with plenty of room to spare.
(Records were my late mum's who bought me my first bike & leathers at 17)

sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Asgard garage (big green shed)

Post by sirch345 »

Nice work there :thumbup: nice job with the base as well :clap:

I like the records, something out of the ordinary, and something else you also don't see so much now, the AA badge 8)

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Looks absolutely fantastic
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Where did you get your solar lighting from? I've been looking at 12V LED strips to run off a battery but solar would be less of a faff. Guarantee the battery would die on the darkest, wettest, coldest night.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Nice that, did you only get it because they have a Storm on their website????
What's the ventilation like? I've had issues before in steel containers but a good breathable cover for her will help.
Good graft there.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

Freeridenick - I bought mine from https://www.thesolarcentre.co.uk/produc ... 56-85.html
Also bought their voltage regulator to reduce loss and over-charging in summer.
Bought a deep cycle 12V battery separately as got a better price.
This gives 2 LED bulbs that light up the shed nicely, and even over the last few months of dark and dreary voltage has been held fine. Very happy!

Grumpyfrog - ha! Yeah I noticed the bike too - and even mentioned it to their delivery driver as their lorry has that photo on the side.
The larger unit comes with a ventilation section that goes into the middle, slotted areas on both sides.
Slotted sections both at top and bottom of each side - I bought some tight-weave metal sheeting (hobbyist type) and gaffer-taped over to help prevent bug entry.
Ventilation means temperature inside equals that outside, so no condensation.
Means when friggin cold outside it's the same inside,
Or high moisture outside = high inside...bike is looking good but many of the screws in the roof sections have rusted pretty quick. Think I'll replace and cover with silicone for next winter.
I sprayed ACF50 over the bike (first time, reviews look good) so hopefully that helped.
Will look to get dust cover for next winter too, just to help.

Due to the scaffolding blocking my bike it, and bike sitting over winter I thought it was time to turn it over...so while inside the garage. OMG that made some noise!!!! :wtf: