Went and bought something

General Biker Banter
StormyRob

Went and bought something

Post by StormyRob »

Recently bought a nice big decent car. Huge decision for me to get rid of my storm to pay for it....

Regret it massively as its given me nothing but problems.
So much so I decided I am getting rid of it. Got me thinking about getting another bike. Strongly considered another storm but I have enough in the shed to build another and still have my 13k engine and frame so no need to get another.

Wanted something that would be comfortable to get to work and general riding too with a bit of power. Needed something that would get me 40 plus mpg.

Anyway got a 2001 VFR 800Fi. She isn't mint but she is a nice solid bike. Not bad condition. Just used as a commuter by previous owner so could do with a clean. Have had a couple of runs on her and she seems about as quick as the storm. Maybe not the low down torque but very smooth and power delivery is excellent.

Still gonna build storm over the next month or so.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Re: Went and bought something

Post by MacV2 »

Good you back on 2 wheels...

VFR...Hmmm when you getting the pipe & slippers... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I dunno mac. Have to be honest the comfort is next level compared to the storm 😂
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Health to ride Rob... next thing you will be putting a topbox on it??? aaaah hold on a min lol :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm Good you back on 2 wheels...

Oi no dissing VFR's :No No: Mines hardly pipe and slipper AND you used to own one :mrgreen:

At least your back on 2 wheels Rob, VFR800 maybe a little less power but a fair bit more weight than a storm, Good choice going for the last of the gear drive cam models :thumbup:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:00 pm
MacV2 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm Good you back on 2 wheels...

Oi no dissing VFR's :No No: Mines hardly pipe and slipper AND you used to own one :mrgreen:

At least your back on 2 wheels Rob, VFR800 maybe a little less power but a fair bit more weight than a storm, Good choice going for the last of the gear drive cam models :thumbup:

Yeah fair point, pile of poo that I never rode or in fact got started...Flipped it & just got me money back...So no need for any P&S... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Are they less power? She feels pretty quick if a bit heavier. Specs say 110hp standard?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I bought a new one back in 1998, back then the early fi was a little snatchy, and personally I didn't like the linked brakes much, but other than that it was a great bike. i'd say it's not as quick as a storm, certainly doesn't handle as well. but a fantastic all round bike.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

agentpineapple wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:42 pm I bought a new one back in 1998, back then the early fi was a little snatchy, and personally I didn't like the linked brakes much, but other than that it was a great bike. i'd say it's not as quick as a storm, certainly doesn't handle as well. but a fantastic all round bike.
No definitely not as nimble. Feels heavy enough
popkat

Post by popkat »

StormyRob wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:41 pm Are they less power? She feels pretty quick if a bit heavier. Specs say 110hp standard?
Same claimed power as the Storm, they tend to make high 90's at the wheel, Storms generally make 2 or 3hp more. either though can be a good or a bad one :thumbup:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s