Anyone into RC model cars?

General Biker Banter
bobbler

Anyone into RC model cars?

Post by bobbler »

While having a bit of a tidy up in the man cave so I can hopefully work on the firestorm with a bit of shelter I came across a couple of old rc cars I used to race. Got to be at least 20 years old (30+ for the white one).

The white one has been stripped for spares to keep other cars running over the years but the yellow Porsche ta03r-s seems to be all there including electronics and transmitter.

Does anyone know if there's a market for these and if so where would be best to advertise? I've tried eBay but don't trust the prices as I think people tend to overprice in the hope that someone will get nostalgic.
Attachments
20181117_104808.jpg
lloydie

Re: Anyone into RC model cars?

Post by lloydie »

I used to have the mardave buggy way back .
Was a cheap one then .
Your best bet is eBay selling them as parts .

I used to race the mp7.77 1/8th at the local track 15 years ago tho I gave it up as it was bloody expensive hobby
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

I gave it up as it was bloody expensive hobby
[/quote]

My son race's RC Rally X and I can confirm that this sport is surprisingly expensive, thank God he pays for it himself now 😂
Means I can do my stuff as long as SWMBO isn't looking😚
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

lloydie wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:53 pm I used to have the mardave buggy way back .
Was a cheap one then .
Your best bet is eBay selling them as parts .

I used to race the mp7.77 1/8th at the local track 15 years ago tho I gave it up as it was bloody expensive hobby
The mardave buggy was a cheap way in to rc and I think the first buggy I ever raced. It was stripped to help restore a rc10 many moons ago but for some reason I never binned the rest. The Porsche is a Tamiya GT1 which I'm actually tempted to just clean up, reshell and shelve.

Definitely an expensive sport with little or no reward