insurance grumble (nothing new im sure)

General Biker Banter
bobbler

Re: insurance grumble (nothing new im sure)

Post by bobbler »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:07 am So insurance renewal came through...£252.96 up from £250.35 last year... This is for two storms...

quoted me VJMC mebership number... £124.69...yes thats just about half price ! Result !
That's a good price. I've just been offered £174 with 4yrs ncb, rac, liability, leathers, personal injury and all mods declared for one storm.

Got until Mon to try and find something cheaper.
Beef

Post by Beef »

Insurance related but for my car....

Renewall quote from AXA came through, £20 cheaper than last year!
Did a few comparison sites and a couple of others like Direct line, none could beat it!!

Brexit must be involved!! :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Beef wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:48 pm Insurance related but for my car....

Did a few comparison sites and a couple of others like Direct line, none could beat it!!

Just check the details for the coming year. The last time my bike insurance went down by a reasonable amount I found out they had removed breakdown cover. They didn't point it out though :crazy:

Chris.
Beef

Post by Beef »

Thanks Chris,
I did have a look through and it is exactly the same cover as last year :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Beef wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:14 am Thanks Chris,
I did have a look through and it is exactly the same cover as last year :thumbup:
:thumbup: good news,

Chris.
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Just check the details for the coming year. The last time my bike insurance went down by a reasonable amount I found out they had removed breakdown cover. They didn't point it out though :crazy:

Chris.
Good advice Chris, a couple of years ago I nearly got stung by a car insurance policy that had removed no claims protection, third party cover and increased my excess without my knowledge.

I didn't know anything until I received the documents and it was only the fact they had recorded the call and had record of me asking if they were offering the same cover as the previous year that sorted it for me.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bobbler wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:58 pm
sirch345 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Chris.
Good advice Chris, a couple of years ago I nearly got stung by a car insurance policy that had removed no claims protection, third party cover and increased my excess without my knowledge.

I didn't know anything until I received the documents and it was only the fact they had recorded the call and had record of me asking if they were offering the same cover as the previous year that sorted it for me.
A good job you were on the ball there Bob :clap:

It's easy not to look at the paperwork when you only get the policy cover in a PDF document online.

I think there was more of a chance you checked the details when you used to get a hard copy in the post. Although I believe some companies still offer this option, it easy to say yes to online documents instead,

Chris.