Here but not quite here... from Torquay

General Biker Banter
Bezzer

Here but not quite here... from Torquay

Post by Bezzer »

Well sit back and grab a bag of popcorn....
so i work nightshifts in torquay and the big red fire engine i found was in London... No problem. I Took my leathers in a bag to work and at 5 oclock finished work to jump on the coach to london victoria. arriving with pretty much no sleep i then, rural boy in the big city, had to fight my way to catford, two tubes and an overland - judas priest! but there she was the deal struck and i climb aboard my next obstacle getting out of london. many wrong turns later and much questioning of people who also didnt really know i finally found myself on the M25. pretty certain i was going a tad too fast through every goddamn speed camera in existance.

aaah the M25, Why oh why isnt there a sign that says "this way to torquay"? mentally playing eeny meeny miny mo, a last minute lane change .... ive only done it, im on the motorway home.

En route i discover:
1. the lengendary poor fuel consumption stories are true
2. just as well she needs to stop for gas cos damn me that seat is uncomfortable? anybody else find that?
3. the speedo is too small and thus crowded i was struggling to quickly pin down 70mph
4. also expected, the front brake, it has so little feel. Ive read braided hoses are a bit of a help with this.
none of this put me off by the way..

got home about 22:00 parked her up by fazer and left the two chatting.

next morning, drove the storm to paignton. Had to get up early cos despite my lack of rest id signed to do the torbay halfmarathon chuffed still pulled in two hours 23 seconds drove home, the sun shining, everything rosey.

This is where the films background music changes... That night driving to work, down a hill laced with average speed cameras spending a fraction of a second too long identifying my speed, i pulled into the second lane only to find the dude who'd gone bustling past suddenly jammed on the anchors!! somebody by the roadside flagging him down theres an injured deer in the road. so i barely tapped his bumper but the bike and i fell awkwardly, result - storm still with insurance boys and me with broken collar bone 3 busted ribs and a partially collapsed lung - BOOM. :roll: :lol:

Hence here but not here. I will be healthy again and if not on the storm i owned for all of three days then on another.

ta da big music credits roll fade to black - Bez out :D
alanfjones1411

Re: Here but not quite here... from Torquay

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum bez :wave: :thumbup: There's another man on here with a broken collar bone.You could re-create that scene from Jaws where they are comparing scars.Get healed up soon.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

OUCH... I feel your pain...

4 fractured ribs no colasped lung so you got me there...However I'm currently nursing a fractured humorus after a recent tumble & managed to dislocte the shoulder as well... :lol: :lol:

2-1 to me then... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

ouch!!!
get well soon buddy. I can feel your pain, back in 2010 I received spinal fractures, 6 broken ribs, collapsed lung, broken right leg and lacerated spleen with internal bleeding.
all because a van driver did a uturn without looking.
the collapsed lung was a fecker, they give you a special breathing tool, which you use to help inflate some of the lung, it hurts like hell, but if you don't do it, you'll have reduced lung compacity.
good luck with your recovery buddy....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

there's a story of though shall overcome Crocodile Dunbez of Torquay!

MAc is the forum medic for all things skeletal and titanium, should be good company.

Hope you get to recover quickly, and get the bike back to enjoy. Can't say i've ever found it uncomfortable, guess you're a leaner type with running etc :wink:

Good luck with it :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bloody hell, man, take it easy or you'll give us all a bad name!
Hope the damage is easily fixable.
David silvers for new parts, but list on here for secondhand bits and someone will help out.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

get well soon :thumbup:

and don't let people talk you in to a bed bath contest with macV2 ... he is an expert
AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

Hi, never heard anyone complain about the seat, mine seems more comfy than my MT10 with a comfort seat, maybe it's the position you get used to, I find upright bikes seats uncomfortable after about 130 miles no matter what but on slightly cantered forward bikes I don't have an issue. then again I don't do many long runs on the motorway say maybe my butt is just unconditioned to it :think:

As for your Storm I would guess they'll write it off, it doesn't take much damage on an older bike to make it not worth the insurance fixing, also some parts aren't all available anymore and insurance would only do new parts. You may get offered it back as a write off and you could repair yourself if you like that sort of thing.

Hope your injuries heal well and if your up near Bideford anytime give me a shout :thumbup:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

holy sh1t what a story... well get well son sir and get back onto another storm :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Yeowch! That’s a different welcome aboard story.
Get well soon bud, anyone who’s had to put up with driving around London for the first time doesn’t deserve that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I really enjoyed your intro, well up until it went bad that is. I was thinking it's one of the best I've come across until that point, get well soon Bez.
As I said in your other post, welcome aboard :thumbup:

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate, hope you heal quickly and well!
Lovely part of the world you live in, my in laws are in Shaldon/Ringmore so I’m down there quite often, but in the car mostly.
All the best
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Bezzer

Post by Bezzer »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 am OUCH... I feel your pain...

4 fractured ribs no colasped lung so you got me there...However I'm currently nursing a fractured humorus after a recent tumble & managed to dislocte the shoulder as well... :lol: :lol:

dude, you aced me the second i saw your meccano :D they just decided to ley me fix up a little bit crooked :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Bezzer wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:48 pm
MacV2 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 am OUCH... I feel your pain...

dude, you aced me the second i saw your meccano :D they just decided to ley me fix up a little bit crooked :lol:
I had to wait 10 months from the off for them to do that !

I got '' it will heal...it's showing bone growth... it's looking good come back in 4 weeks oh & by the way your fit to return to work...'' over the course of 6 months...

So i went back to work & it wasn't right, had a scan & then they decided to plate it...

This was some 4 weeks after the accident, whilst it did form a boney growth around it, apparently when they did the plate op the surgon said it was like an egg shell when they chipped it away to fit the plate...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Bezzer

Post by Bezzer »

[/quote]

.... apparently when they did the plate op the surgon said it was like an egg shell when they chipped it away to fit the plate...
[/quote]

jeez looks like mine did and surely anyone with basic diy skills can see its never going to fix properly let alone a consultant on a zillion bucks a year?

cheers dude hope we meet someday soon (did think to bring my 'fixer-upper' to Grainstorm... prob need more than a day though :lol: :lol: )