success in court!

General Biker Banter
fatfreddy000

success in court!

Post by fatfreddy000 »

sorry to double post but I'm just elated at this result after 6 months of waiting and endless bureaucracy and think its important for people to know that if laws have been misused against them then sometimes you can contest it successfully.

I'm over the moon.
for 6 months I've had hanging over me a potential 9 points and £1000 fine plus a S.172 on my licence to up my insurance premium.
lucky i have friend who knows his legal stuff and got another solicitor friend to represent me yesterday in court for free (what a gem).
after all this time and stress the CPS agreed to drop the S.172 if i plead guilty to the speeding offence.
i walked out with 3 points and a £100 fine which is what should of happened last year rather than them trying to persecute me because i was caring for my son in hospital who was having brain surgery when they say i should of responded to the sp30 penalty letter.
Anyway,
Great news, shows that justice can be done, sometimes, if you're sincere, and stand up to them..
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
alanfjones1411

Re: success in court!

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Great result Matt.Well fought and celebrate your victory over the establishment. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

:thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Great news
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Excellent news!!!!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

great news mate, I've had my run ins with the cps, horrible bunch they are.
on the one occasion I attended court with a solicitor, I had a massive result, go suited n booted and be honest and sincere, it goes a long way in the eyes of the magistrates, they see arseholes each and everyday, so showing them some respect is always a positive step.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Good work. Best result really
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

:clap: good result, well done for sticking to your position.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now that is some really good news. Nice to see justice done and lucky you got some free legal service otherwise the outcome may have been very different. It's OK for the rich though as they can buy themselves out of anything. The legal system is another system designed to look after the rich and screw the less well off. Watch how Harvey Weinstein will get away with his crimes, the same with Mark Zuckurberg. We will have a media show and then they will walk away to continue. Those with wealth will have control. Reminds me of Pablo Escobar. If one can afford a good solicitor your sorted, if you get legal aid then it's the luck of the draw, if you go it on your own your doomed unless you have the backing of the public and media. You got lucky mate. What a sad state of affairs when a legal system comes down to either having money or luck. You should be counter fining them now for loss of wages with time of work to attend court and the compensation for the extra stress and worry they have given you.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well done fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Mauser5826

Post by Mauser5826 »

Well happy for you mate. I got stung a long time ago 140 bang to rights. went to court £300 and 3 month ban. only my job saved me a bit I think at that time. Only to receive a letter two weeks later stating that they thought they had been to harsh with the sentence and reduced it to 100 quid and a month ban.

so it just goes to show there is no real system in place it's pot luck at the end of the day.

chuffed for ya :thumbup: