Time for a change

General Biker Banter
loinstallion

Time for a change

Post by loinstallion »

I’m thinking about going street fighter naked for a bit of a change. Any advice where to start!
fabiostar

Re: Time for a change

Post by fabiostar »

just pull the fairing off. use a set of mx bar risers bolted to the top yoke with flat bars on it. that way if you dont like it ,it can be put back to standard..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

First off, what look and comfort do you want?. Some mods will be needed depending upon full yoke conversion, just risers or just added higher clip on's.

Fairing mods
Front brake lines being extended
Clutch line extension
Re-routing throttle cables.

Plus costs on average from just bars and risers, where you attach them to existing yoke from under £100, or up to a couple of £££ for full components. Do you want to return to standard when you come to sell?

Take your picks, plenty of info on here for want to do. I have done it and it's good, feels great also.
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

I’m don’t intend on selling so once complete it won’t be returning to it’s original look. Will trawl through the site for inspiration. It’s something I really want to pursue as I like a bit of a project!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

German VTR street fighter - capable of riding through deep fords to wash road-kill blood smears off

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

Wicky wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:51 pm German VTR street fighter - capable of riding through deep fords to wash road-kill blood smears off

Magnificent
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

One of the things that doesn't always look so good on a Streetfightered Storm is the side mounted radiators. Mounting one across the frame look's better IMHO. It's down to personally choice really, what you like is the most important thing,

Chris.
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

If your serious then look into either cutting down the fairing to give you some sort of protection from wind and bugs, a small bib would look good with led light. Or buying something you like, modding it to fit or make something. I like the side mounted rads, gives it that mechanical evil Frankenstein look. Decide and Make a list of what you want to look like, make a list of needed parts, buy, mod what you need. Most important of all, show us with lots of pics and progress, and ask any questions you have. Right crack on then..... :beer:
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

mags@port wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:15 am If your serious then look into either cutting down the fairing to give you some sort of protection from wind and bugs, a small bib would look good with led light. Or buying something you like, modding it to fit or make something. I like the side mounted rads, gives it that mechanical evil Frankenstein look. Decide and Make a list of what you want to look like, make a list of needed parts, buy, mod what you need. Most important of all, show us with lots of pics and progress, and ask any questions you have. Right crack on then..... :beer:
I’m with you on side mounted radiators I think they look great.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's good to hear some of you like the side mounted rads :D

As I said, it's down to personal choice,

Chris.