SO

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

SO

Post by fabiostar »

insurance for bikes.. we have all maybe missed a few mods when we get a quote :D .. but it was grating on my mind incase the worst happened to the mori. so i came clean. :eek2 :eek2 .

as soon as i mentioned the words spondon and mori the fone kept going dead lol

what a ballache even getting a quote that was. but, for those looking a bike covered with every mode a company called Adrian Flux came through.. £354.

and thats every nut bolt washer and engine mode declared :clap: :clap: :clap: many many photos were sent before they said yes... oh and samantha on the fone sounded hot, just saying :clap:

time i had a beer...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
grumpyfrog

Re: SO

Post by grumpyfrog »

Thanks for the heads up there. yes Insurance Wombats.
How many times did they ask you to spell your rairaties out...
P...o...r...n....
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I'm really interested in the insurance situation. Mine runs out on all bikes at the end of July and I've been sniffing around. The Tuono value knocks out a load of companies. Too high a value they say. OK, it's an expensive bike but FFS there are plenty out there a lot more expensive. Unless I go with some dodgy company like MCE I'm looking at a shade less than 1k. Bonkers. I'm 65 with a clean licence and live in a nice country market town. We don't even lock our cars up overnight.

WRT to the other bikes I think I'll go third party only. The cost of the Storm (for instance) makes it silly to make any claim on insurance. Crash it? Repair it. Not worth claiming which would only hike the insurance next time. If it get nicked (and who in hell would do that?) I just take the hit.

It feels better having a moan.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i did have to explain what a morwaki is a few times lol and they needed pictures of the bike strangely to prove it wasnt a street fighter??.

came with breakdown cover and clothing and personal hurt yourself insurance lol...tho its based on having no no claims bonus as thats on my other policy :o

also which i wanted was an agreed value so i plucked a figure outa the sky and they are happy if the worst comes to the worst its a £8000 bike on payout.. :D :D

its also fully comp..
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't wont to put a damper on things but I have heard a lot bad things about Adrian Flux, they are mainly a car insurance broker and yes they are very cheap but when it comes to any situations where your moving address or making a claim etc, well....should we just say that most folk that are with them end up going somewhere elese swearing not to use Adrian Flux again. They are no better than going with MCE.

The time you find out when an insurance company is a good one or not is when one makes a claim. Sadly often cheap is not necessarily the best and often isn't, which kind of makes worrying about if you have told them everything pointless, especially when they will find loopholes to worm out of this and that. The insurance industry is a sham. I personally don't bother with it anymore and just accept the fact that if there is an accident then it's my loss so go for the cheapest 3rd party or TPFF if cheaper which it is sometimes cheaper, and beleive it or not even fully comp can work out cheaper than TPFF with some comparison quotes. I basically don't care and want what's cheapest with no added extra's or so called freebies thrown in, I donlt mind putting down a high excess to get cheaper and as long as I am legally covered with camera's, ANPR etc then I'm happy. As long as I'm legaly covered to be on the road then that is good. Accidents are something else entirly and if there are any small incidents whether your to blame or not always try to work out a deal with the other party's involved without going through any insurance. It benefits all partys involved as your insurance will rise either way so in the long run it pays off.

Insurance companies are worse than lawyers. Total tossers that simply make it up as they go along to benifit themselves. You could ring the same insurance company up on consecutive days and on the first day get a quote for £1000 and the next day get a quote for £500, it's all bull. And there is no such thing as reduced insurance for customer loyalty anymore. They expect to not keep anyone longer than a year and expect folk to shop around the comparrison sites when it runs out like folk switch energy companies for the best deal. In fact I would go as far to say that staying with them for longer only encourages them to increase the price as they then know that your simply going to renew it as you havent the time or patience to go shopping around. The whole industry is a sham. And don't forget they will use the data you have given to companies shared online to use against you.

But if you are intrested in better companies as good as insurance companies get which is not good then Iv'e heard good things about the following for modified bikes
http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/produ ... bikes.html

And then there is Bemoto run by bikers.

https://www.bemoto.uk/
==============================Enter the Darkside
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Thanks. I've sent an email to BeMoto. I'll let you know the response.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 pm I don't wont to put a damper on things but I have heard a lot bad things about Adrian Flux, they are mainly a car insurance broker and yes they are very cheap but when it comes to any situations where your moving address or making a claim etc, well....should we just say that most folk that are with them end up going somewhere elese swearing not to use Adrian Flux again. They are no better than going with MCE.

The time you find out when an insurance company is a good one or not is when one makes a claim. Sadly often cheap is not necessarily the best and often isn't, which kind of makes worrying about if you have told them everything pointless, especially when they will find loopholes to worm out of this and that. The insurance industry is a sham. I personally don't bother with it anymore and just accept the fact that if there is an accident then it's my loss so go for the cheapest 3rd party or TPFF if cheaper which it is sometimes cheaper, and beleive it or not even fully comp can work out cheaper than TPFF with some comparison quotes. I basically don't care and want what's cheapest with no added extra's or so called freebies thrown in, I donlt mind putting down a high excess to get cheaper and as long as I am legally covered with camera's, ANPR etc then I'm happy. As long as I'm legaly covered to be on the road then that is good. Accidents are something else entirly and if there are any small incidents whether your to blame or not always try to work out a deal with the other party's involved without going through any insurance. It benefits all partys involved as your insurance will rise either way so in the long run it pays off.

Insurance companies are worse than lawyers. Total tossers that simply make it up as they go along to benifit themselves. You could ring the same insurance company up on consecutive days and on the first day get a quote for £1000 and the next day get a quote for £500, it's all bull. And there is no such thing as reduced insurance for customer loyalty anymore. They expect to not keep anyone longer than a year and expect folk to shop around the comparrison sites when it runs out like folk switch energy companies for the best deal. In fact I would go as far to say that staying with them for longer only encourages them to increase the price as they then know that your simply going to renew it as you havent the time or patience to go shopping around. The whole industry is a sham. And don't forget they will use the data you have given to companies shared online to use against you.

But if you are intrested in better companies as good as insurance companies get which is not good then Iv'e heard good things about the following for modified bikes
http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/produ ... bikes.html

And then there is Bemoto run by bikers.

https://www.bemoto.uk/
what you mean is.insurance companies are flowers if we are honest... got some more details from them and the policy is actually through bikesure?...
who have also asked for the same pictures for there records...

do these folk really need so many pictures lol
podman

Post by podman »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 pm I don't wont to put a damper on things but I have heard a lot bad things about Adrian Flux, they are mainly a car insurance broker and yes they are very cheap but when it comes to any situations where your moving address or making a claim e

Truth is, they are all equally as bad...I have ended up taking both Swintons and Bennetts to the financial ombudsman some time ago, like car drivers on the road, trust none of them, if you can , record your phone call you made to them(that helped me enormously with the case against Swintons, they dont REALLY record every call they make ya know )

If you've declared everything and have an agreed value policy with them (not a verbal is worth 10k...), check your happy with your policy paperwork thoroughly, you can do no more.

I'm with Carole Nash at the moment but I wouldn't recommend them any more than any of the others, they missed off pillion cover this year but thats human error, the whole industry is riddled with incompetence, apathy and a lack of professionalism.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

its really just a big money making exercise :eek2 ....