Wales Trip

General Biker Banter
podman

Wales Trip

Post by podman »

Been away for a few days to Northern Wales , with the Mrs, had this route as an outline but didnt exclusively keep to it.

[url]Image

[url]Image

Couldn't believe the difference in the road surface between the UK and Wales, potholes where the exception, not the norm , even on the smaller roads and it was so much quieter.

Bought a pair of cheap intercoms, just to see if it made much difference to the journey, only £60 but for us, worked brilliantly, past 80MPH and over the 1/2 half mile, they struggled but on the smaller , slower roads where my good lady was a bit sketchy I was able to help and guide her, well worth the money for our use but for use at faster speeds on m'ways and longer distances, they wouldst hold up.

[url]Image

Downloaded the "Scenic" app, using the "extra curvy option" to make our way to our 1st nights stay.

[url]Image

Took twice as long to get to our start point but we did take in some amazing roads most of the way.

Problem was, some of the more minor roads had an obstruction or two.

The intercom came into its own here as I managed to talk the Mrs into crossing what was quite a deep and long ford, shes only been riding a couple of Summers and was swearing all the way across at me!

fair play, I did think id have to cross back over and make a big detour but she made it over with just wet feet!

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Another surprise was the sun and warmth, we went away on Tuesday and came back this afternoon and it didnt rain on us once! In Wales!

We had some overnight rain Wed night and a few miles of wet roads here and there but it was warm everyday, amazing!

....I have rad NW police have a reputation for being tough on speeders but I only saw 1 van during the whole journey, on the smaller quieter roads , there didnt seem anywhere to park one anyway.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Harlech castle.

[url]Image

[url]Image

Llanberis Pass..

[url]Image

As I was with my good lady, speeds where low and by keeping away from the major A roads and M'ways , I noticed how little fuel we was putting in, so I started to make a note of it and work out the MPG, the Storm was averaging an unheard of 48MPG and my good ladys CBR600 was giving her between 61-67MPG at the fuel stops!

Id not been to Wales since the early 90s but ill be back again very soon for definite.
AMCQ46

Re: Wales Trip

Post by AMCQ46 »

Looks like you had the best weather and a few adventures.
Well done for mrs Podman to taking on the welsh bends and rivers
AMcQ