Someone we know...

General Biker Banter
Watty

Re: Someone we know...

Post by Watty »

Poor Will, hope it gets returned or a good payout! Hope the oxygen thieves get what they deserve :evil:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The worst thing about all this is that plod most likely wont activly go hunting down and capturing these thieve's unless it's a known gang doing the rounds and they want to add it to previous cases. If something falls in their lap or a member of the public spots and reports something then they will obviousley follow it up but I doubt they will go out of their way to activly go looking. And at the end of the day it's another bike stolen and all of our insurance will go up because of it.

Even when somones house get burgled they don't always come around to visit anymore. The may send somone around to take prints and / or a local bobby / pcso to take a quick statement but it's basiclly here's your crime number now claim from the insurance. If somone is hurt then it's a diffrent matter but you think about it, letting the insurance companies deal with everything not only gives them less work to do and concentrate on other area's but increases the costs that we pay which increases the tax revinue being fed up the chain and back to goverment. It doesn't benifit the goverment to catch all the crims. Give the police more paperwork to do and dicourage them from catching them. I'm sure the majority of police would love to catch all the crims but their hands are tied from above. This is how society works, the ones at the top, the rich get richer and poor get poorer so it's a vicious circle and because of this and the poor is why we have crime.
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

The truth is Carl it is very much down to the cuts in policing and other areas. Most Cops would love to be spending their day going after the bike thieves but it is literally impossible. Police forces are now in a position where they have to prioritise things to an extreme. Life and limb situations to the top and then ongoing situations etc. It is rare enough for a Cop to even be sent to a Bike theft now.

I do not see this Bike theft situation getting any better. On top of the cuts Police are now quite afraid to go after them because when it goes wrong the Officer trying to do his or her best ends up taking the blame. One mistake and your career could be over. You could even end up in prison. The UK has changed over the last 20 years. Bobbies on the beat are pretty much gone. There is no deterrent. Look at the stabbing and shooting incidents at the minute. This is not just happening because gangs are feuding. It is happening because it is easy to do it without getting stopped down the road. I would also suggest Police are afraid to stop ans search people now and people know that so they are happy to take the risk carrying weapons.

Sorry I could literally go on about this all day but will just stop now 😂😂😂
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Super late response here as I've not been on this site in ages (I'm sure you noticed), I genuinely am honoured that I'm still remembered here as it must have been like 2-3 years at least since I've been active?

If anyone wants a conclusion insurance didn't pay out because the bike wasn't insured at my girlfriends address even though I wasn't living there and I've been bike-less since it happened last year... I did get my car driving license last September though, the same day me and her moved into a house together (most stressful day of my life!) and have access to a shared car with family when I need it so it isn't all bad.

The bike did have HISS on it as it was an F4 however the police did zero searching, they said they'd come to the house for an interview then 3 hours later told me they decided to sent officers out looking on the streets instead so I lost that time that I could have been looking for it myself, I had a friend come over and drive/scout around with me but it was too late so the bike was lost. It hasn't been seen since anywhere so i reckon it was broken down for parts, which isn't overly surprising as the beauty had a full akra system installed on it.

But it's not all bad news! Due to personal reasons with my girlfriend we're looking at moving up to Yorkshire later this year/early next year and if we get a house with a garage I'll be buying a new bike and restarting my biker career, as I'll still be keeping my current job in Birmingham and they only require me to go in 1 day every 2 weeks for meetings I'll be hoping to get a firestorm for a nice, comfortable ride there and back on that day :D

Hope everyone is doing well themselves :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Nice to hear from you YMV sorry you didn’t get the bike back, but it sounds like life’s treating you ok and you have a master plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to hear from you YMV :thumbup: of course we'd remember you :)
Sorry to hear you had no luck in getting your bike back, or any payout from your insurer's, pretty shocking that :thumbdown:

On the upside good to hear things are going well for you with your girlfriend and wish you well in your planned move to Yorkshire later this year.
Well done in getting your driving licence :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good to hear from you, you can't let the bar stewards grind you down.

Yorkshire, eh?
Just right for next year's Yorkshire meet up; best get your name down.

If you're buying a Storm in Yorkshire, just make sure it hasn't had Gabi's spanners anywhere near it!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Holla YMV,glad your still upright.
Come on now, with all this serious stuff going on in your life next thing you'll be telling us you have a proper haircut and all that stuff.
Where about in the vale are you moving to?

And yes, get another bike asap.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Virt

Post by Virt »

Thanks guys!

I'd put myself down for the Yorkshire run if having a bike by that point was a certainty, it may or may not be sadly but if I have a bike and I'm not too far away I can always come over and say hi.

And I do have a uhh... Mostly sensible haircut thank you very much, something about not being a teenager anymore i guess

We're not sure of exact areas yet as none of the houses on the market that we do like are still going to be available for the move, but we're liking the idea of sort of Sheffield to Whitby currently, houses up north are beautifully cheap!

It anyone has a room spare though and wants a tenant though...

Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

sorry to hear about your bad news. having to move to yorkshire must be difficult for you....
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

good to see you back on the Forum Will. sounds like you have had your ups and downs but glad you will be getting a new bike soon.
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Never mind the new bike bit.
Virts got a girlfriend!!!!!
And they are living together Our young mans all growd up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Next it will be babies with long hair :lol:

:wave:
==============================Enter the Darkside
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

I wouldn't bother with Sheffield as it's as bad as London
West Yorkshire or North Yorkshire is the place to move u are welcome to crash at our place if your up this neck of the woods
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!