'Kin weather

General Biker Banter
BigVeeGrin

Re: 'Kin weather

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol: :lol:

i knew he'd got his licence and had new role models in life

thought he was driving big Ocado things though.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Mac is correct Image.
Had some fun today doing some drifting 🤪.
Off to Barnsley tomorrow morning to get some coal as can’t get to wales .

Mac I’ve still got squash (badger) in my cab as a warning to its Brethren to keep away ! .

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

BigVeeGrin wrote: Not sure I'm moving to Glasgow Monday - seems hardly anyone at work :(
You’ll be fine come Monday ,temps will be up & your going to have to man up living up north Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:06 pm
BigVeeGrin wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:29 pm Blimey Lloydie - Ocado branching out!

Not sure I'm moving to Glasgow Monday - seems hardly anyone at work :(
Folowing a brush with an angry Badger, causing an off into a field on his bike, Lloydie was pleased to see the miscreant black & white worm botherer had been squished by an LGV.

Lloydie took inspration from this event.

He changed his soiled undies, gave up bikes, took up paint ball, took & passed his LVG licence & now drives around in a pink tipper truck wearing his pink uniform, scaring other road users & looking for badgers to squish. Oh & he got married as well somewhere along the line.

A badger interviewed yesterday refuesd to comment.
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Friday and today, we have Got 6 ft snow drifts filling between the hedges at both ends of our lane, so I need to wait for the Farmer to dig them out each morning before thinking about leaving.

Worked from home Friday and don't have any plans to go out today.

Talking to my sister and brother in SW Scotland, they are about the same, but not as bad as the central Scotland belt.

my brother in law runs a mobile tyre fitting company, and does a lot of motorbike tyres, so he got an invite to the Michelin launch track day in Spain... He managed to get out of Edinburgh airport before is started to cancel flights, so was feeling smug about that, but the bad weather has also impacted Spain, so it wasn't fun, and he has now been stranded in Malaga since Friday as he cant get any flights back to the uk till Sunday .
AMcQ
daz350

Post by daz350 »

The bike stays in the shed when its like this.Had plenty of years digging a bike out of a snow drift and riding to work
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I phoned Pete L last night to check if he had got out of Slough yet, after flying in from Germany.

He told me a horrowing tale of spending the night in a Snow drift.

He'd nipped out of the Hotel to have a crafty smoke & unwisly decided for a laugh to have a look round the grounds re the snow.

Now having been away in Germany over the past week he had proper cold weather gear on so the temp wasnt a problem.

He wandered around for a bit & came across a lage drift...the Six year old kicked in & he took a run & jump into the drift...

Now not being the tallest of people on the planet this then proved his downfall. He disapeard into the snow drift up to his chin. So far so fun.

He then discovered that as he had jumped in with his arms at his side he had now way of using his arms to push away the snow or leaver his way out.

Half an hour of rocking to & fro, side to side ect he managed to free his arms & managed to get his phone out of his pocket & called for help.

It took then another hour to find him as the only bit showing was his head...His pure white head of hair perfectly camouflaged his wherabouts...

:lol: Only joking, he had his red bobble hat on they found him quite quickly...

Nah I did call him & he had his car at Heathrow & drove home, He said the worst bit was the last mile to his house...

mainly coz the bladder problem had flared up again... :wink:
Last edited by MacV2 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Now to see in 9 months time a baby boom over crimbo / new year....
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I got bored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:24 am I phoned Pete L last night to check if he had got out of Slough yet, after flying in from Germany.

He told me a horrowing tale of spending the night in a Snow drift.

He'd nipped out of the Hotel to have a crafty smoke & unwisly decided for a laugh to have a look round the grounds re the snow.

Now having been away in Germany over the past week he had proper cold weather gear on so the temp wasnt a problem.

He wandered around for a bit & came across a lage drift...the Six year old kicked in & he took a run & jump into the drift...

Now not being the tallest of people on the planet this then proved his downfall. He disapeard into the snow drift up to his chin. So far so fun.

He then discovered that as he had jumped in with his arms at his side he had now way of using his arms to push away the snow or leaver his way out.

Half an hour of rocking to & fro, side to side ect he managed to free his arms & managed to get his phone out of his pocket & called for help.

It took then another hour to find him as the only bit showing was his head...His pure white head of hair perfectly camouflaged his wherabouts...

Nah I did call him & he had his car at Heathrow & drove home, He said the worst bit was the last mile to his house...

mainly coz the bladder problem had flared up again... :wink:
Ha! :( :( :(
Thats so much better than the actual tale :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't say I've got much sympathy for being stuck in Malaga though. It kind of knocks the socks off of Slough :eek2 :eek2
:D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:00 pm I got bored
Seeing your trials bike like that Al makes me wish I still had one of my off-roaders to take out in the snow :D

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Makes a nice change to have a bit of Arctic weather. It's just a shame that the infrustucture can't cope. The worst story I have heard is the commuters stuck on the train. Passengers said they where simply left there and at night the lights where turned off, no heating, no water....nothing. Just left to get on with it :eek2 Now IMO it comes down to a matter of survival, so if passengers decided to rip some of the train furnature apart and build a campfire inside the carriage...would that be seen as criminal damage. :crazy:
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

we must have been lucky here, we had all of 1 cm of snow :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

So it was way over your knees then mate....... :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:02 pm So it was way over your knees then mate....... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!