El Presidente's Winterfest Message.

General Biker Banter
MacV2

El Presidente's Winterfest Message.

Post by MacV2 »

It's not baby jebus birthday & santa doesn't exsist.

Bit harsh I hear you cry, so let me explain.

Pre christianity the people who inhabited the Earth worshiped the Earth, various different indigenous peoples had various 'Gods' to folow, Mother Earth, the Great Being, Sun God, ect ect. Then we get to the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Norse ect ect... Somewhere along the way someone decide that all this Pagan worship, as they decided to call it, was a bit too much & decided to make something up to basicaly unifie things & more importantly CONTROL THE PEOPLE !

Well apart from the fact that the unification bit hasn't really worked out too well, as over the years all the various factions of the ''christian'' church show, then add all the different base religions in who all have their own sects & factions, that bit hasnt really worked has it ?

The ''church'' has over the years become one of the richest & biggest land owners in the world & yet still want their followers to give their money to them, preach all sort of giving & niceness but still have all this stigma about alleged child abuse, more people have died over the last 2000 years in the name of god than any other reason...( the nazis had 'god' on their side, stalin on the other hand wanted to wipe religon out but used it to his advantage to help do over the germans...yet more control...) So with all its wealth & lands, why are there still homeless people in the UK ? Surely the 'church' could sort that out...

Anyway enough religious twaddle lets get on to santa...another fictitious character basicaly desiged by someone out to make a few bucks. St Nicholas who gives out gifts. So a quasi religous character who gives free stuff out to children...Anyone with kids knows full well that when it comes to it nothing is free & this concept is baldrocks...Meanwhile the shopkeepers tills are merrily ringing up more sales.

So whats El Presidente going to do about it I hear you all cry...Well beloved prols...I shall start by banning it, you can still have a party & a day off on the winter solstice the shortest day* whenever in December that may fall but thats it. No extra day off for boxing day & deff no extra days off if it falls on a weekend. 1 day & back to work.

However as i'm pretty sure that won't go down too well with some of you so to make up for it you all get a week off, to celebrate the Birth of El Presidente. 30th May & 3 days either side of it...

* Northern hemisphere only, as the southern mob will spend the day on the beach or something...

So rant almost over.

I'll just finish by saying thanks for reading, if I've upset anyone...tuff get over it, but if you want to belive in all this BS then get on with it it just dont try & convince me I'm wrong...We evolved from slime & go back to being food for worms when we die...hahahaha

So I wish everyone a merry politically-correct non-denominational 'Winterfest' type holiday, and a happy Gregorian calendar reset.

Long live the VTR & long live El Presidente
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Varastorm

Re: El Presidente's Winterfest Message.

Post by Varastorm »

Hear, Hear, Mac :thumbup:

Have you seen Zeitgeist Mac?

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ok, Mac, and happy new year.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I take it that you're not back to full time working yet then.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

We are celebrating steve mass :thumbup: :beer:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:01 am Ok, Mac, and happy new year.
You mean 'Gregorian calendar reset.'
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:32 am I take it that you're not back to full time working yet then.
Will be when I go back in on the 2nd...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 am We are celebrating steve mass :thumbup: :beer:
:lol:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

From one who has the Church faith well and truly "educated " into him ( me, my bro and my sis) I whole heartily concur with your proposal.
Part of the times I suppose is that I and my bro and sis have openly questioned our "education " to the point of expecting factual evidence to quash our questions. Not limited to my mother's faith but to anyone who wants to drive it onto us. Tebetan monks are the closest in explaining their belief ethos. We usedto fight to get to the door when Jehova witnesses came to the door to see how long it would take for them to give up on us ( we got away with this as "parents were at church".) We were never rude or jovial to them, just to the point.

Anyhow, if you have faith, I will never question it, or your belief in it. As Mac has pointed out it's the commercial aspect of EVERY one that sours the blessing they hand our.

As per holidays on the darkest dreekest days of the year, why do we do it???????
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

you guys are drunk? or smoked?..... i was so with you on this right up to the no santa bit....iv seen him,he is real... i even rem as a kid bouncing on his knee....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mmmmmmmmmmm wait a min.!!!!!!!!!!
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Varastorm wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:59 am Hear, Hear, Mac :thumbup:

Have you seen Zeitgeist Mac?

You should watch this one too.
JFK to 911: Everything Is A Rich Man's Trick 2, Indiegogo

Merry merry go round everyone :) And Mac yes only the one day off for me. Had today off and I'm back at work tommorow...errr, that's in few hours :eek2
==============================Enter the Darkside