Kit bike?

Post by Miztaziggy »

Thoughts?

https://parkitt-performance-motorcycle- ... s/kit-bike

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AMCQ46

Re: Kit bike?

Post by AMCQ46 »

mmmmm ... its too fat to work with the scrambler look, it would look better without the silly tyres and front mudguard.

and if you are building a bike like that isn't part of the reason is that you want a one off, not a production kit?
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Sounds like a great idea. It should take all the pain out of trying to source parts and knowing what bit will fit on what bike. I don't think it will get much interest from the experienced builder though. More of a beginners thing.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Vara's project will be better :biggrin It's still Fazer 600 at the end of the day. Saying that though the Fazer 600's a good reliable general purpose bike just not all that exciting. Cheap for a new bike if it is new or are the parts all sourced 2nd hand and reconditioned. They didn't say anything about the engine either...does one have to build that. Their site and video does not give enough tech detail, it's all a sales pitch and I am guessing the price will rise quite quickly once you start adding different tyres, exhaust, frame / seat colours etc.

I'd like to see a PDF of their parts list and instructions that come with it so one knows exactly what's involved. How do insurance companies grade this bike...custom maybe in which case it could cost more than a factory Fazer and then there are the emissions with an older engine to consider. What about registration. Will it be allowed into places like Central London when they bring out the new restrictions. More questions than answers here. Nice idea though. I think I would rather spend a little more and buy a good used CBR 500 and not have the hassle or trying to find the time of having to build it.
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Is this really a Kit Bike or a Bike Kit :?:
Reading the limited information from the link it appears it could just be a kit you buy so you can modify your own Faser 600,

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Core bike remains the same (engine frame forks etc) its a box of ready made bolt on / plugnplay parts for £1500 (Heck I paid that for my 01 Transalp!) though dubious if it would actually add that amount of value to the bike. Though with the beardy retro hipster market it gives them the opportunity to whip up an urban scrambler in a weekend or two without getting their dabblers too dirty or needing a shed load of fabrication tools.

With the red frame it reminds me of the ye olde Honda CB350

Tyres - Continental
Crash Bars
Exhaust - Carbon Effect
Front Brake Lines - Black
Fork Gaitors
Clock Bracket
Exhaust Hanger
Cable Ties
Brake Fluid
Rear Seat Hoop & Support Bracket
Headlight
Grips - Black
Flat Bars
Headlight Brackets
Magnetic Brake Disc Bolt
Rear Fender / Number Plate Hanger / Rear Light
Front Mudguard
Speedo & Bracket
Seat - Black

Electrical Patch Cables

USB Stick / Manual
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Prefer the "un-kitted " version, nice idea though, except that the donor bike would set you back a few hundred for a half decent one that hasn't been dogged/high mileage, even then the suspension will probably be clapped, and why pay more for a good example then remove the fairing/weather protection, decent clocks etc?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

A strange idea the whole kit thing .. not bad to look at but mite end up looking just like all the others so not really making the bike your own?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:59 pm Core bike remains the same (engine frame forks etc) its a box of ready made bolt on / plugnplay parts for £1500 (Heck I paid that for my 01 Transalp!) though dubious if it would actually add that amount of value to the bike. Though with the beardy retro hipster market it gives them the opportunity to whip up an urban scrambler in a weekend or two without getting their dabblers too dirty or needing a shed load of fabrication tools.

With the red frame it reminds me of the ye olde Honda CB350

Tyres - Continental
Crash Bars
Exhaust - Carbon Effect
Front Brake Lines - Black
Fork Gaitors
Clock Bracket
Exhaust Hanger
Cable Ties
Brake Fluid
Rear Seat Hoop & Support Bracket
Headlight
Grips - Black
Flat Bars
Headlight Brackets
Magnetic Brake Disc Bolt
Rear Fender / Number Plate Hanger / Rear Light
Front Mudguard
Speedo & Bracket
Seat - Black

Electrical Patch Cables

USB Stick / Manual
More or less as I thought then :)

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I think CRK have been doing it better for longer.

There Triumph 900 based kit looks much nicer.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 pm I think CRK have been doing it better for longer.

There Triumph 900 based kit looks much nicer.
CRK's site seems to be better in the sense it has more info in relation to the products they have on offer, although IMHO they would benefit from better photo's.

You're right, the Triumph looks great 8)

Chris.