Hpi check

General Biker Banter
Jazzscot

Hpi check

Post by Jazzscot »

Just wondered what you guys use if you were to checkout the history of a vehicle.

My father in law is interested in a motor and wants to make sure that it hasn't been a write off in the past as he is sure this motor has had some new paint at some point in its life.

Any recommendations as to the best/cheapest ones to use. I'll be honest I've never used one before.

Cheers in advance,

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
popkat

Re: Hpi check

Post by popkat »

I'd go with a big name and pay the extra. A friends dad did an HPI on a car and it later turned out to be stolen, he lost the car and had no comeback with the HPI firm.. someone like RAC I think offer a guarantee.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

There is a free way to do this if you just want to check if it was ever a write off.

Go to autotrader and pretend to sell it. When you put the reg in autotrader automatically says if it is cat c d etc
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
podman

Post by podman »

StormyRob wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:00 pm There is a free way to do this if you just want to check if it was ever a write off.

Go to autotrader and pretend to sell it. When you put the reg in autotrader automatically says if it is cat c d etc

I dont suppose it shows outstanding finance, colour
Changes etc but thats well worth knowing. 👍🏽