the pointless what you find in a mancave thread

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

the pointless what you find in a mancave thread

Post by fabiostar »

well well go me :eek2 .....

iv found some stuff/crap/dead things this last year in other peoples mancaves...

first was this old girl.

then in a stoke of luck this girl turned up hiding a mori engine

then today i went to pick up n electric motor for me wee lathe, an old friend iv known for years and i knew he was a bit of a hoarder...but what a cave.

nice we motor

a tuned CBR600 track bike

and get this buried under a load of stuff....Hello MR RC30 jap spec race bike put on the road..

dont worry i did ask and no atm hes not selling..

but... oh whats that in the rafters......so he pulls it down and says, take it away if you can give it a good home he wont ever use it?....what is it?

question is do i try and fit it unto the blue bike?

oh and its a full bodywork kit of a Harris YZR 500 GP bike :erection: :erection: :erection: :erection: :erection: :erection: :erection:

and yes i near went my pants... proper order, unsued 500 kit....

:clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
popkat

Re: the pointless what you find in a mancave thread

Post by popkat »

That fairing isn't YZR500 it's for a 1994/95 Yamaha FZR600R.. The seat unit could be YZR though.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the fairing lowers have been modded for a track bike that never happened.a mr McWilliams has lot of stuff in his cave. proper droolworthy :D . these found there way outa his cave to the guy i got them of.Gezzas cave would make you drool good and proper..
popkat

Post by popkat »

They look like standard race panels to me, same as I had on my race FZR, there's no oil containment at the bottom so they've probably been in storage since 1995, think the containment rule (fully filled in at the bottom) came in about 96.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

popkat wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:21 pm They look like standard race panels to me, same as I had on my race FZR, there's no oil containment at the bottom so they've probably been in storage since 1995, think the containment rule (fully filled in at the bottom) came in about 96.

they have been sitting gathering dust form even before that :eek2 ... if i had a lorry i could spend a bloody day loading it with stuff and it still wouldnt make a dent lol....

im thinking that seat might go well on the blue bike?.. something different. not that sure im happy with the one i have