hallie

Dream job

Post by hallie »

TIP; Never take a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night
http://morrisonbhp.net/
freeridenick

Re: Dream job

Post by freeridenick »

Not so great when you're up all night writing because the deadline is the next day, or spending your life in airports, or riding all day in the rain. :think: :think:
Loo Kahs

Post by Loo Kahs »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:58 pm Not so great when you're up all night writing because the deadline is the next day, or spending your life in airports, or riding all day in the rain. :think: :think:
'one day a week'... there are still another 4 left to write anything up if required. I'm sure it's manageable :D
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Doesn't seem like a journo job - just someone to run them in and clean em, 1 day a week in the Cotswolds.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There has to be more to it than what they are letting on. Their not going to pay someone 27k just to ride a bike and put miles on.
The applicant must be able to tell, hear and feel when something needs to be adjusted or looked at on the bike by the in-house mechanic in order for them to be of the highest quality when they leave the warehouse.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

if they do..how do i join :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
hallie

Post by hallie »

Hands up if you applied :lol: :lol: :lol:
TIP; Never take a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night
http://morrisonbhp.net/
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I thought about it but it sounds to good to be true.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:50 am I thought about it but it sounds to good to be true.
Reading it properly I agree. It's a lot of money (even pro rata) to but 'delivery' miles on so that dealers can sell pre-Reg bikes.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

One day a week 27k pro rata means if you worked full time you would be paid 27k pa.

That means you get paid 1 days worth of 27k which my rough calculations make it about £100 for the day...27k / 52/ 5 = £103.

Obviously as your P/T no hols so 52 weeks...& thats calculated on a 5 day working week...divide by 7 & its £75...

Less your expences for getting there & add in the fact that some of these bikes will be Harleys...

I'll pass thanks... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

[quote=MacV2 post_id=452529 time=1506666776 us

Less your expences for getting there & add in the fact that some of these bikes will be Harleys...

I'll pass thanks... :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

One day a week 27k pro rata means if you worked full time you would be paid 27k pa.
Argh OK that sounds more like it. So in other words you can earn up to 27k but there is no guarantee of that. So in reality to earn that you have to have a different bike daily and then put a 100 miles on it. So like being a courier without the packages onboard. I suppose it's like a zero hour contract thing. It could be a nice little number for someone that lives locally and also has another form of income to cover them when not working there. Job advertisements are getting like small print and legal jargon and one has to read between the lines. It all benefits them at the end of the day and they are trying to suck someone in on a dream job that does not become reality. It's more than likely a one day a week job. You would earn more money delivering Pizza's.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Here's the job description - for folk not reading past the headline
The job is part-time, and requires working one day a week (flexible hours to suit). Salary on offer is £27k per annum (pro rata).

The successful applicant will need to travel to Gloucester one day a week,
https://www.wmblogistics.co.uk/dream-job-alert/

and what that 1 day a week job involves with WMB's Logistics > BIKE ASSET MANAGEMENT

https://www.wmblogistics.co.uk/bike-asset-management/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 pm
Argh OK that sounds more like it. So in other words you can earn up to 27k but there is no guarantee of that. So in reality to earn that you have to have a different bike daily and then put a 100 miles on it. It's more than likely a one day a week job. You would earn more money delivering Pizza's.
So why not deliver pizzas on it, and get paid twice?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 pm
VTRDark wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 pm
Argh OK that sounds more like it. So in other words you can earn up to 27k but there is no guarantee of that. So in reality to earn that you have to have a different bike daily and then put a 100 miles on it. It's more than likely a one day a week job. You would earn more money delivering Pizza's.
So why not deliver pizzas on it, and get paid twice?
Be a bastid to clean the melted cheese off the headers... :crazy:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...