Wasps

General Biker Banter
Jazzscot

Wasps

Post by Jazzscot »

Complete and utter feckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was cutting the grass the other day and was unaware that they had decided to make a nest underneath the edge of my lawn. Managed to get stung 6 times!! fecking hurts! stung on my hand and body and the stings have started to swell so have taken antihistamine.

I managed to powder the little feckers nest last night so hopefully that will sort them.

Thats all, carry on........
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
alanfjones1411

Re: Wasps

Post by alanfjones1411 »

You should call the pest controller from Grain
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Bastid things...If it makes you feel better I have been stung in the course of duty...

They are worse when you cant see the nest & they will nest at ground level...

If the powder you have used dosn't do the trick I have something that will work... :wink:

Heres one I treated earlier...

Oh & I've seen bigger nest than that as well...

There follows a true story to cheer you up in your hour of need...

So one day I'm at a house on a mouse job, did what needed to be done & started on the paper work...

The back door opens & in steps one of my fellow pesties...F-in & blindin'...

Wot oh Scott what are you doing here...''F-in bloody wasp nest & the bastid things have just stung me...''

Didn't you have your gear on ? ( bee keeper outfit inc gloves & the groovey hat/mesh thing...)

Now I asked this as he was carrying it...''Yes but I took it off to come in...''

Ah Ok...where was the nest ?

''By the door...''

So the numnuts had treated the nest, stepped back, took his PPE off, then walked back close to the now quite angry wasps to get to the door...

He got stung on the lip & next to his eye.... 8O

Whilst we were talking his lip was swelling up & a deffinate lisp was going down...

I did sugest to him that maybe he should of walked back in & taken his PPE off once inside...Can't remember what his answer to that was... :lol: :lol:

Still could be worse...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

Although smaller than the Giant & smaller than the common European hornet the bog std Asian Hornet has now been spoted in the UK...The real bad news is that it's atracted to alcohol... :wtf:

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/uk-w ... like-55641
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jazz, that must have been a bit of a shock seeing as you didn't realise they were there. I hope the antihistamine does the trick, and the powder :)

Mac, good to see you were sympathetic towards you work colleage :wink: :)

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just stamp on the nest to teach them a lesson they'll never forget!
Or, if sober and capable of making an informed decision, don't.

The choice is all yours....... ..
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I would pour petrol on it and set it on fire. Better still if you have any gunpowder knocking around pour some of that on it and have a massive wasp nest genie. :biggrin
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:52 pm I would pour petrol on it and set it on fire. Better still if you have any gunpowder knocking around pour some of that on it and have a massive wasp nest genie. :biggrin
:roll:

999 ''whats your emergancy? '' 'Er well my mates been stung by wasps...' ''How many times do you know ?'' '100's mate...Oh & he's on fire...& so is the house...'
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:54 am
VTRDark wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:52 pm I would pour petrol on it and set it on fire. Better still if you have any gunpowder knocking around pour some of that on it and have a massive wasp nest genie. :biggrin
:roll:

999 ''whats your emergancy? '' 'Er well my mates been stung by wasps...' ''How many times do you know ?'' '100's mate...Oh & he's on fire...& so is the house...'
:lol: :lol:

I dug one accidentally in the garden a few years back. So returned with full protective gear - anorak, sieve for face protection (handle was a bit of a nuisance), bike gloves etc. Petrol did it then
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

BigVeeGrin wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:42 am :lol: :lol:
I dug one accidentally in the garden a few years back. So returned with full protective gear - anorak, sieve for face protection (handle was a bit of a nuisance), bike gloves etc. Petrol did it then
:lol:

Sieve... :lol: :lol:
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Its good to see Macca was as sympathetic to his work mate as my wife was to me. When I told her she just laughed.

Therefore she can cut the grass next time, I have decided it is not on my list of approved jobs due to health and safety issues :Argue 1:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jazzscot wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:13 pm Its good to see Macca was as sympathetic to his work mate as my wife was to me. When I told her she just laughed.

Therefore she can cut the grass next time, I have decided it is not on my list of approved jobs due to health and safety issues :Argue 1:

:lol: :lol:

Is the bed in the spare room comfy ?
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Just this afternoon I found the little buggers coming and going out of my garage roof ,there getting in under a facia board . the nest must be between the roof rafters and as my garage has a ceiling I can't get at the nest.. Any suggestions for tackling them from outside would be welcome fellas......please no petrol, sticks of dynamite, or getting the mother in law to talk them to death..cheers
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Dress up in full leathers with gloves and helmet on (visor down) and scarf.

Nuke em from orbit with a couple of three cans of spray

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Macca the spare bedroom is now a nursery mate so I will have to make sure there is a decent sleeping bag in the mancave. Failing that the grass is getting laid out with slabs

Chris remember and wear this

Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good