Idle minds

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Idle minds

Post by fabiostar »

its near that time of year to start thinking about how to waste money on bikes over the winter :D ....

whats your plans this year..

yellow is getting a clean up.

Blue im not sure i wana think about that :eek2 .

but how stupid would it be to either get a jumbo scooter or,and this is the stupid bit :eek2 . build a supermoto firestorm????
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Re: Idle minds

Post by agentpineapple »

I need to find that pesky oil leak and figure out where the air leak is that's making my bike pop and bang like a mofo
I do need to find the money for two new pfm disc outers, as mine are rather worn.
I already have the new pads and I was gifted new lines. so it's a front brake overhaul this winter.
maybe just maybe, try a get the lhs fairing damage fixed.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Here in the fens, it is time for sugar beat and potato harvest, that means mud, a lot of it . Mix that with roads that are barely rideable at the best of times and throw in some darker mornings and evenings.

My bikes may not be out that much for a few months. Time to visit other projects
oldburnthippy

Post by oldburnthippy »

Ditto roads in France, and the BF never clean up after themselves.

Odd idea for a project, poss a cafe racer. Other than a Storm and a Viffer, what uses 41mm forks? I've got some, and a project HAS to start somewhere................ :crazy:
My darling wife has many faults
But I have only two
Every bloody thing I say
And everything I do
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

bid choice this winter for bluey is. keep the rogered forks or go for a blade front end.. would the hassle be worth it? would it be for looks only as the rogered forks are doing the job :confused
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

The Blue one probably wont see a lot of the outdoors from now until March. Been pretty wet here and I can only go out at the weekends really.

Couple of things to do to her. Few decals. Sort loose chain guard and rearset peg easily.

Front nose probably painted black as well as powder coated swingarm and I would be happy.

The other bike has now been collected from Surrey and is in Northern Ireland. Will be delivered start if this week so looking forward to that. Have most of another 20k engine (missing front head) for it and got a decent front head too to go on it. Gaskets already here. Bit skint now so waiting til payday to get mccts and will be good to go. Engine swap should actually have a decent enough running bike for little money.

Still looking for more bikes to mess with. However I noticed this morning I have a competitor who is also looking for broken storms! :lol:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

StormyRob wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:02 am The Blue one probably wont see a lot of the outdoors from now until March. Been pretty wet here and I can only go out at the weekends really.

Couple of things to do to her. Few decals. Sort loose chain guard and rearset peg easily.

Front nose probably painted black as well as powder coated swingarm and I would be happy.

The other bike has now been collected from Surrey and is in Northern Ireland. Will be delivered start if this week so looking forward to that. Have most of another 20k engine (missing front head) for it and got a decent front head too to go on it. Gaskets already here. Bit skint now so waiting til payday to get mccts and will be good to go. Engine swap should actually have a decent enough running bike for little money.

Still looking for more bikes to mess with. However I noticed this morning I have a competitor who is also looking for broken storms! :lol:
lol oh and whos that lol :thumbup: :thumbup: .. your gona be a busy man over winter.. :Bike:

this country must be full of them but finding the dam things is the problem..
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Living in England it would be a piece of piss. But yes there are quite a few storms here too...more in the south
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.