Ouch - KTM highside

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Ouch - KTM highside

Post by sirch345 »

Get well soon Kermit, you certainly are having a rough time with it all. A good job you were wearing all the right gear when this happened,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Do you reckon a chest protector would have helped or was the impact likely to have negated its effectiveness?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Kev L wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:25 pm Do you reckon a chest protector would have helped or was the impact likely to have negated its effectiveness?
I think a chest protector would have helped as I took a big bash on the front of my chest. A wide back protector would have been good as well. Maybe one of those inflaty gilet things would have been good as well.

When I can move a bit better I'm going to start looking and see what's available.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Crikey Ian,
sounds like you've been through the mill.
Another week on and I'm hoping you're feeling a little better. First two weeks were hell when I broke some ribs, the rest of the time was just sore and boring as Hell. Sounds like you've had it a hell of a lot worse. :sad2
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Well, my shoulders are still sore and my back ribs still make funny grinding noises and I've been diagnosed with a heart problem so. I've sold my bike.

The Yam R6 has gone.

It had to be replaced. So.... on the 1st March (or some time after) I pick up something else.

Not a difficult one to guess? And, since red is so slow I'm having to keep the Storm to make sure I've got a FAST yellow bike in the stable.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I'm crap at this game so not even bothering......

Just TELL ME.......

.PLEASE.........
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

a big beemer or a big nasty prillar??
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

grumpyfrog wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:06 pm I'm crap at this game so not even bothering......

Just TELL ME.......

.PLEASE.........
I'm crap at this sort of thing too. It's a Tuono factory. Something sit up and beg I can go touring on. I've ordered the gel seat....
podman

Post by podman »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:06 pm
grumpyfrog wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:06 pm I'm crap at this game so not even bothering......

Just TELL ME.......

.PLEASE.........
I'm crap at this sort of thing too. It's a Tuono factory. Something sit up and beg I can go touring on. I've ordered the gel seat....
Very nice choice mate, im glad to hear your still riding anyway, the problem related to your heart, was that detected because of the accident?
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

podman wrote:

Just TELL ME.......

.PLEASE.........
Very nice choice mate, im glad to hear your still riding anyway, the problem related to your heart, was that detected because of the accident?
Yup. In some way the accident was a lucky break... Haha.
podman

Post by podman »

Could well have been Ian...not a great way to have found it like but a wee bit of a sweetener...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tuono will be just the job for gentle touring ..... :lol:
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:04 pm tuono will be just the job for gentle touring ..... :lol:
I went into the shop this morning, took the seat off and checked a few things out for some wiring I want to add. Twisted the throttle and went "brooom, brooom". Double checked it fits through my kitchen door. Can't wait!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

You had me worried for a second! :lol:

Sit up and Beg has to be the way to go :thumbup:
Touno is a great choice :wonker:
Well done

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 pm
podman wrote:

Yup. In some way the accident was a lucky break... Haha.
Any excuse to get another bike :wink: :)

Not something I'm sure you wanted to hear, but probably better to find out this way. Hopefully they can give you some help now before it gets worse.

Nothing wrong with a Tuono :thumbup:

Chris.