VTR in MCN

General Biker Banter
MikeFirestorm7

VTR in MCN

Post by MikeFirestorm7 »

Latest issue of MCN has a review of the Firestorm and the TL1000S...
Not sure I agree with their findings, but a decent enough read...

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Cadbury64

Re: VTR in MCN

Post by Cadbury64 »

2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
podman

Post by podman »

What part did you find yourself disagreeing with?

I thought it was fair enough and highlighted the reasons why the storm was a better SH buy 20 years after the bikes launches & confirmed why I didnt consider the Suzuki when looking for a <2k sporty tourer some months back.
MikeFirestorm7

Post by MikeFirestorm7 »

Just the inferring that the VTR is boring, he describes it as underwhelming... But I've never ridden a TL1000S...

bertye

Post by bertye »

"it's all over by 8,000" It did not have standard cans, so could be why, but I would say that when I put standard ones on mine while I made my own, it was about around there. Now still pulling hard way over 9,000 with my own can's. Whether any other things have been tinkered with like TPS, I don't know. I will be hopeful checking soon. It was still a good read, and 20 years on, why would one need more, as they are such a joy to ride. :D :D :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks guys :thumbup:

Chris.
MikeFirestorm7

Post by MikeFirestorm7 »

BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

MikeFirestorm7 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:02 am Just the inferring that the VTR is boring, he describes it as underwhelming... But I've never ridden a TL1000S...

and another comment is about being pleasant and punchy and easy to ride and "instantly forgettable". Don't agree with that
oldburnthippy

Post by oldburnthippy »

It seems possible, at least to me, that a lot of reviewers, and I hoped Tim Tom wasn't one, ignore bikes less powerful than a Hayabusa as being "dull."

Firstly that limits your choice of bike - H2R, anyone?

Secondly it assumes you have the ability and the space to travel at 200mph on the roads near you.

I like bikes with big engines cos I prefer to have an engine that doesn't get or feel stressed but rumbles along using buckets of torque, which is one reason I never owned a 250 2 stroke proddy racer.

A lot of people reviewed the new Trumpet with the HT engine, expecting a slow bike cos it's "only 60 horses". A lot of people were wrong.

I accept that some of you spend a lot of time, money and effort getting your bike (s) to hustle along on track days, but can you ride them through town traffic?

Storm, Viffer, Trumpet all offer truly satisfying bikes for riding on ordinary roads at more or less ordinary speeds.

Has anyone any idea what point I'm trying to make? I got wound up and now I don't know why :?
My darling wife has many faults
But I have only two
Every bloody thing I say
And everything I do
Loo Kahs

Post by Loo Kahs »

oldburnthippy wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:43 amHas anyone any idea what point I'm trying to make? I got wound up and now I don't know why :?
I think I have similar thoughts whenever I see an over the top sportscar. They make a lot of noise and then have to go at 1mph out of fear of leaving their bumper on a speed bump. Makes me wonder... if you're gonna blow so much money on something utterly useless, why not at least get a comfortable (yet powerful) over the top car?

Latter is how I view the firestorm. As you said, it's got the torque, it makes a pleasant note and it can put a smile on your face on a boring commute.