My first VTR and How I May Have Made a Big Mistake...

General Biker Banter
eatpasta

Re: My first VTR and How I May Have Made a Big Mistake...

Post by eatpasta »

Solarboy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:31 am
eatpasta wrote:
Stevo Kifaru wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:02 pm The box under the tail light appears to have the rear indis & number plate light attached in some custom made box?
Image[url=
Not sure what that is, maybe someone has made the aluminium plate holder as the plastic one broke? The black bit that pokes out though like a plug in hybrid...is it an extra small fuel tank?
It would be nice to have a mile or two of extra range....

:whatever
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

It's a fecking number plate light. For goodness sake!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:01 pm It's a fecking number plate light. For goodness sake!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:01 pm It's a fecking number plate light. For goodness sake!
:lol:
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

Got out for a short rider yesterday and was supposed to go to the local Ducati shops' bike night but we had a family thing we needed to take care of...but the bike is still running hot.

It was mid 70's F and breezy and it was still running ~215F. I havent had a chance to get it started without the radiator cap to try and burp the system. What I really need to do is flush the system and make sure there arent any bubbles.

Also, sorry I still cant answer PM's so if you want to ask me something, fire away in here

:beer:
T. S. Eliot
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

KermitLeFrog wrote:It's a fecking number plate light. For goodness sake!
But there's already a number plate light built into the rear light!! It's not that obvious. Why would someone put that one in?
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

For the looks of course. This is a US bike and they don't do anything subtle :lol: Is it even a legal requirement to have the number plate illuminated over there. :think:
==============================Enter the Darkside
xeris

Post by xeris »

US market bikes have separate license plate light (hideous). The tail light is blacked out where (most?) other market bikes have a clear section to allow illumination of the tags.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Thanks for the info, I've never seen it before so excuse my stupidity!! Maybe 'eatpasta' you could buy one of the European tail lights with the tag light built in?
xeris

Post by xeris »

Solarboy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:34 am Thanks for the info, I've never seen it before so excuse my stupidity!! Maybe 'eatpasta' you could buy one of the European tail lights with the tag light built in?
That is exactly what I did. Found one on UK ebay (took months to arrive). With the Storm tail light and hacking off the ugly square fender the rear end cleaned up quite a bit.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

There is a really nice clear rear light with LED indicators built in. I'm thinking about buying one for my bike
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Solarboy wrote:There is a really nice clear rear light with LED indicators built in. I'm thinking about buying one for my bike
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

MOT failure.Indicators are too close together.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

alanfjones1411 wrote:MOT failure.Indicators are too close together.
Not if you leave the original ones or smaller aftermarket ones on, and you don't need the LED relay if you do.
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

xeris wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:32 pm
Solarboy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:34 am Thanks for the info, I've never seen it before so excuse my stupidity!! Maybe 'eatpasta' you could buy one of the European tail lights with the tag light built in?
That is exactly what I did. Found one on UK ebay (took months to arrive). With the Storm tail light and hacking off the ugly square fender the rear end cleaned up quite a bit.
Care to post a before and after pic for me?

Puhleez?

and sorry for being absent, all. I have a 6 day old baby at home

:whatever

ImageUntitled
T. S. Eliot