My first VTR and How I May Have Made a Big Mistake...

General Biker Banter
eatpasta

Re: My first VTR and How I May Have Made a Big Mistake...

Post by eatpasta »

Solarboy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:02 pm Yea it looks like something sticking out where the licence plate would be. Can you take a pic?
I will when I get home as I dont have the bike on my person...

:wink:
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Lol no worries, just interested.
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

Solarboy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:25 pm Lol no worries, just interested. Image
I have an actual question for you and the VTR faithful:

I'm guessing that my signal lights arent supposed to be illuminated all the time.... is that correct?

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

On the UK model they only come on when the lights are switched on. The US bikes I believe are slightly diffrent and you have running lights so I think would be permanently on.

Wiring Diagram Here
==============================Enter the Darkside
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

The front blinkers should have two filament bulbs for the US market. Both dimmer 5W filaments should be on with the headlight as marker lights until you use a blinker, at which point the 5w filament will go out on the blinking side, and the 21W bright filament should flash. When you turn the blinker off, the 5W filament should come back on.

All of this is controlled within the bar switch, and there will be an extra wire to each of the blinkers. So at each blinker a solid colour (orange or light blue depending on the side) for the blinker, solid colour plus white stripe for the marker light and green for earth.

The instrument panel light for the blinker should only come on when using the blinkers.

If you get some other behaviour, first thing I'd suggest is to dismantle the bar switch and clean the contacts and add dielectric grease. If that does not sort things you may have a short in the wires themselves.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

thats a decent solid looking bike you have to start with :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

Cadbury64 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 am The front blinkers should have two filament bulbs for the US market. Both dimmer 5W filaments should be on with the headlight as marker lights until you use a blinker, at which point the 5w filament will go out on the blinking side, and the 21W bright filament should flash. When you turn the blinker off, the 5W filament should come back on.

All of this is controlled within the bar switch, and there will be an extra wire to each of the blinkers. So at each blinker a solid colour (orange or light blue depending on the side) for the blinker, solid colour plus white stripe for the marker light and green for earth.

The instrument panel light for the blinker should only come on when using the blinkers.

If you get some other behaviour, first thing I'd suggest is to dismantle the bar switch and clean the contacts and add dielectric grease. If that does not sort things you may have a short in the wires themselves.
Thanks for the advice, mate.

I have very little prayer for actually diving into this before my new baby comes....I've also got a 650L that needs a carb rebuild!

I'm swamped

:whatever
T. S. Eliot
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 am thats a decent solid looking bike you have to start with :clap:
Thank you!

I'll get started sometime - this is what I think is ideal:

T. S. Eliot
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

This might be an interesting read for you on mods, weaknesses and awesomeness!!

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... be4ba941b3
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

Thank you for the PM's guys. I still dont have enough posts to respond.

I will when I can!

:thumbup:
T. S. Eliot
Stevo Kifaru

Post by Stevo Kifaru »

The box under the tail light appears to have the rear indis & number plate light attached in some custom made box?
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

Stevo Kifaru wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:02 pm The box under the tail light appears to have the rear indis & number plate light attached in some custom made box?
I failed to take pics of it in detail yet but yes it looks like some kind of custom fender eliminator kit
T. S. Eliot
eatpasta

Post by eatpasta »

Stevo Kifaru wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:02 pm The box under the tail light appears to have the rear indis & number plate light attached in some custom made box?
Image[url=
T. S. Eliot
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 pm First job assess it, decide if you're keeping it, if yes jump on the manual CCT's as Wicky said. Once you sort that you can have fun with the rest of the upgrades. Nice looking F3 :thumbup:
+1

The bike doesn't look bad to me either,

Chris.
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

eatpasta wrote:
Image[url=
Not sure what that is, maybe someone has made the aluminium plate holder as the plastic one broke? The black bit that pokes out though like a plug in hybrid...is it an extra small fuel tank?