20th anniversary meet write up

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: 20th anniversary meet write up

Post by AMCQ46 »

Solarboy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 pm There's some good pics there fellas and looks like it was a good crack, shame about the weather! I'm getting the impression Mac your a hit of a reprobate but I must say I probably would have been the same. Do you guys run a FB page as well? I'm not not on FB but might confident it if its easier to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a Facebook group but it is not affiliated with this site, and although I am a member on there, I never post and I never cease to be surprised bye the amount of sh1t that gets put on there
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

and to Mac and Marty shame neither of you mentioned the Forum... only the FB site
I think this is because FB for want of a better word is more politically correct in this day and age and the media want to draw folk towards that kind off internet, a place to advertise also where things are more open to abuse (politically, commercially and nefarious reasons) less secure and easy for governments (authorities) and employers to track and monitor folk. A central repository if you like. That's what social networking is all about and why forums are being deprecated.

Lets not forget how highly edited the article is as there are words there implied as bla blah blah said when it's obvious that wording has been altered for journalistic purposes. Take for example Martys words. The way that is worded is obvious to me that it's not his exact words. Yes bits are, but not all.

It's all designed to sway the readers view and opinion in certain directions in the same way that images have been photoshopped to manipulate your eye towards certain areas. Take for example the photo of the two Moris with Roger in-between the two which is over manipulated and too obvious, well to me anyway but I have an eye for these things as that's what I do :wink: Look how ones eye is drawn towards the bike on the right and more in the foreground. It's as if it's been lit in a studio and the image cut out and placed there. The lighting is fake a fake like HDR to one area. There is more subtle image enhancements /editing to other images too. This is what the press do. If they want you to have big boobs and perfect curves then this is what they will give you. It's all about creating an impression and direction. A direction they want you to go in, the same way advertisements manipulate your thoughts. It's a control thing in the same way the forum has not been mentioned. There was no reason why not both FB and the forum could have been credited.

That being said it's not too bad an article and nice that the time was taken for the guy to turn up and to publish this event. OH...and where can I get one of those later Firestorms with fuel injection...I want one. :biggrin
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bloody hell Carl, you can read hidden messages into anything! And I am sure Simon was doing the photos on his phone, so Time for a full tinfoil suit now :lol:
AMcQ
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

IIRC The freelance journo had a decent camera with a diffuse flash.

I'll post a pic of his alien derived tech anti-gravity abilities and mind control arm waving antics when I get home this evening.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Solarboy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 pm There's some good pics there fellas and looks like it was a good crack, shame about the weather! I'm getting the impression Mac your a hit of a reprobate but I must say I probably would have been the same. Do you guys run a FB page as well? I'm not not on FB but might confident it if its easier to post.

This is true...No.1 in all the charts...Top 10 obnoxious old grumppy buggers, No.1 Storm horder in Grain, No.1 Storm crasher in Grain....

Yeti runs a Storm related FB page, but for Red bikes only... :thumbup:

Stormy Rob runs the 20th anni page...only trouble with that is he made me an admin...So I have the power!

Murv did start a Storm Page but that that got hijacked by A.N.Other who's no longer really welcome in these parts...hahahahaha So that page has kinda died...

FB is alright for contacting bods but fek me is it full of Idiots...every day 'what oil,tyres, whats a R/R questions...Still it's good for winding people up...I like posting really long posts as most seem to be short 1 sentance answers due to the fact that most are on a phone rather than a PC but then thats what FB is geared toward...

FB rant over...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:07 am
and to Mac and Marty shame neither of you mentioned the Forum... only the FB site
I think this is because FB for want of a better word is more politically correct in this day and age and the media want to draw folk towards that kind off internet, a place to advertise also where things are more open to abuse (politically, commercially and nefarious reasons) less secure and easy for governments (authorities) and employers to track and monitor folk. A central repository if you like. That's what social networking is all about and why forums are being deprecated.

Lets not forget how highly edited the article is as there are words there implied as bla blah blah said when it's obvious that wording has been altered for journalistic purposes. Take for example Martys words. The way that is worded is obvious to me that it's not his exact words. Yes bits are, but not all. Yeah 'coz normaly he cant string two coherant sentances toghether whithout drippling & saying wibble... :wink: #windmartyup

It's all designed to sway the readers view and opinion in certain directions in the same way that images have been photoshopped to manipulate your eye towards certain areas. Take for example the photo of the two Moris with Roger in-between the two which is over manipulated and too obvious, well to me anyway but I have an eye for these things as that's what I do :wink: Look how ones eye is drawn towards the bike on the right and more in the foreground. It's as if it's been lit in a studio and the image cut out and placed there. The lighting is fake a fake like HDR to one area. There is more subtle image enhancements /editing to other images too. This is what the press do. If they want you to have big boobs and perfect curves then this is what they will give you. It's all about creating an impression and direction. A direction they want you to go in, the same way advertisements manipulate your thoughts. It's a control thing in the same way the forum has not been mentioned. There was no reason why not both FB and the forum could have been credited.

That being said it's not too bad an article and nice that the time was taken for the guy to turn up and to publish this event. OH...and where can I get one of those later Firestorms with fuel injection...I want one. :biggrin
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:

This is true...No.1 in all the charts...Top 10 obnoxious old grumppy buggers, No.1 Storm horder in Grain, No.1 Storm crasher in Grain....

Yeti runs a Storm related FB page, but for Red bikes only... :thumbup:

Stormy Rob runs the 20th anni page...only trouble with that is he made me an admin...So I have the power!

Murv did start a Storm Page but that that got hijacked by A.N.Other who's no longer really welcome in these parts...hahahahaha So that page has kinda died...

FB is alright for contacting bods but fek me is it full of Idiots...every day 'what oil,tyres, whats a R/R questions...Still it's good for winding people up...I like posting really long posts as most seem to be short 1 sentance answers due to the fact that most are on a phone rather than a PC but then thats what FB is geared toward...

FB rant over...
I must admit I used to be on FB but found that so called friends just end up making comments that were just unnecessary. Dropped it about 3 years ago, I'm too old for all that s)£t and I like the general honest banter on this site. And what's all this about red bikes, I keep telling you that black ones are the fastest!!! Image

If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Wicky wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 am IIRC The freelance journo had a decent camera with a diffuse flash.

I'll post a pic of his alien derived tech anti-gravity abilities and mind control arm waving antics when I get home this evening.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Fantastic....do whatever it takes to get the pic :clap: Yeti needs a bra :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Wicky wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm
Wicky wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 am IIRC The freelance journo had a decent camera with a diffuse flash.

jaysus wept just how big it yeti lol he makes that bike look like a RD50 :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 am

jaysus wept just how big it yeti lol he makes that bike look like a RD50 :eek2 :eek2
You should see him riding one Rob...It's quite ammusing...he cant excatly tuck in... :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:09 am
fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 am

he would need a full goldwing fairing to tuck into it :lol:

You should see him riding one Rob...It's quite ammusing...he cant excatly tuck in... :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm Mac, at least he didn't mention your status as special needs representative!!!!

and to Mac and Marty shame neither of you mentioned the Forum... only the FB site .... you only had one job to do and you got all star struck and fooked it it!!!!!!!!!! stupid boys.

you can add 2 more bikes to the total count as Steve97 and I turned up after the rain had passed but missed the photos :lol:
Matry mentions Ady Witmasrsh's CCT's but you don't mention mine, we are now starting to paint a picture where your loyalties are.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bazza696 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:02 am
AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm Mac, at least he didn't mention your status as special needs representative!!!!

and to Mac and Marty shame neither of you mentioned the Forum... only the FB site .... you only had one job to do and you got all star struck and fooked it it!!!!!!!!!! stupid boys.

you can add 2 more bikes to the total count as Steve97 and I turned up after the rain had passed but missed the photos :lol:
Matry mentions Ady Witmasrsh's CCT's but you don't mention mine, we are now starting to paint a picture where your loyalties are.
Tsk first Alison, now Barbara's whinging...

Firstly, I distinctly remmember mentioning a lot of things about the forum inc your fine work Bab's...Not my fault Simon didn't print it...take it up with him...

Secondly, Nue Red is running a pair of ades cct's... 8O ... £25 off ebay ! Bargain...not gonna pass that up am I...+ he didn't get my money...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pic's courtesy of Simon Hargreves...

I mailed him asking if I could use them he said OK then posted this up on the FB page...

''Hi chaps – if you want pics, email me at writestuffmedia@gmail.com – I will reply with a wetransfer link. Click on it, and download the VTR day.zip file. It's around 740mb so it's not small. Unzip it and you'll find various folders with the pics in sections. Hopefully it'll all make sense.

You're free to use the pics as you wish – I own the copyright. But it would be really cool if you all took out insurance with Bennetts next year, seeing as they paid for them.

SiH''