Re: 20th anniversary meet write up

Post by fabiostar »

nice read marty :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good article.
Mac, hang your head in shame, you reprobate.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 am Good article.
Mac, hang your head in shame, you reprobate.

Hahahaha No fek off!

I knew it was Martys bike so I was on a wind up...#windupmarty
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

Made for an different kind of article intro thou Mac!

Really good write up and a great memory of the day.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Well done to the attendees. And to Mac who clearly left a lasting impression!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Once met, never forgotten (despite years of therapy and drugs!!!!)
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pah! Me & Simon are freinds...well on FB anyway... :lol: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mac, at least he didn't mention your status as special needs representative!!!!

and to Mac and Marty shame neither of you mentioned the Forum... only the FB site .... you only had one job to do and you got all star struck and wombles it it!!!!!!!!!! stupid boys.

you can add 2 more bikes to the total count as Steve97 and I turned up after the rain had passed but missed the photos :lol:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm Mac, at least he didn't mention your status as special needs representative!!!!

and to Mac and Marty shame neither of you mentioned the Forum... only the FB site .... you only had one job to do and you got all star struck and fooked it it!!!!!!!!!! stupid boys.

you can add 2 more bikes to the total count as Steve97 and I turned up after the rain had passed but missed the photos :lol:
I'll have you know I did mention the Forum & more than once !

In fact I made it quite clear that the forum was much better than the FB page & FB in general TBH...

I pointed out that loads more FBites had said they were coming along & just didn't show prob coz of the rain...

Prob to busy polishing their add on tat or reving the nuts off their bikes in the garage to video flames coming out their dan moto pipes, which are really loud you know... :roll:

So nah to you mr Late arrival, due to the rain wasnt it?

:Tongue2:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Strange he chose to completely ignore the forum and concentrate on the FB aspect. What ratio FB to VTR.org were the attendees? Do Bennetts get some kind of reward/bonus for promoting FB or is it just the usual "journalistic licence" (bullsh1t).
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:55 pm Strange he chose to completely ignore the forum and concentrate on the FB aspect. What ratio FB to VTR.org were the attendees? Do Bennetts get some kind of reward/bonus for promoting FB or is it just the usual "journalistic licence" (bullsh1t).
It's the yoof of today Kev, everything is more geared towards FB & smart phones ect...On the Storm FB pages ther are a quite a few Forum members & a few more who are members but who spend much more time on FB than on here...

Theres no accounting for taste is there...

As for the Simons angle, well he was contacted by Rob initially via FB I guess. When Rob asked me to take the lead I contacted him via FB as well but I did mention the forum several times during discussions...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:24 pm
Kev L wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:55 pm Strange he chose to completely ignore the forum and concentrate on the FB aspect. What ratio FB to VTR.org were the attendees? Do Bennetts get some kind of reward/bonus for promoting FB or is it just the usual "journalistic licence" (bullsh1t).
It's the yoof of today Kev, everything is more geared towards FB & smart phones ect...On the Storm FB pages ther are a quite a few Forum members & a few more who are members but who spend much more time on FB than on here...

Theres no accounting for taste is there...

As for the Simons angle, well he was contacted by Rob initially via FB I guess. When Rob asked me to take the lead I contacted him via FB as well but I did mention the forum several times during discussions...
I think thats the case Mac. The initial contact was actually with Simon Bowen which was forum related basically. When Simon contacted me he did so through Facebook but by that point I was in Northern Ireland and I sent him towards Mac. I think he mentioned FB because thats where the contact was. He also saw the FB event page too. He isnt a member here so I suppose it slipped his mind unfortunately.

Theres always the 50th!!!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

There's some good pics there fellas and looks like it was a good crack, shame about the weather! I'm getting the impression Mac your a hit of a reprobate but I must say I probably would have been the same. Do you guys run a FB page as well? I'm not not on FB but might confident it if its easier to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

Really enjoyed reading this :thumbup: