Up yours Photo bucket !

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Up yours Photo bucket !

Post by MacV2 »

As like Al has found out, Photobucket have decided to want to start charging for 3rd party hosting...

They even sent me a nice e-mail letting me know...To which I sent a nice reply letting them know I would be finding someone else to do the same thing for free...

:Finger:

imgur here we are...http://imgur.com/

Didnt take long even for a computer numptie like me to work out...

May take some time to change over all the pics I have placed on here in the last ten years tho... :lol:

Any requests, Weeping wounds? Mangled pest corpses? Bin shots ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Watty

Re: Up yours Photo bucket !

Post by Watty »

Thanks for that Mac, I've stopped posting pics because photobucket has been sh1t for ages :( . Will give that one a go :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I ain't used it for years !
Too slow and to many ads
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Bins, houses from hell! and kittens...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote:
Bins, houses from hell! and kittens...
Don't do Kittens...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

b8stard :sad2 :sad2 . took me years to be able to use it.and its shite anyhow.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

They didn't even send me an email....
Ok, I'm in, let's see how long imgur lasts before we lose all of those links, too
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Imgur terms of service prohibit third party hosting so as everyone leave PB and goes there then it wont take long before they seriously clamp down on things.

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it."

One of the best hosting sites out there is imagshack but they cost. TBH it's not that simply to find good secure and free image hosting and they will all end up going down the route of PB but what they are asking for is silly money. It would be cheaper to buy a domain name and hosting space and host your own images or even purchase NAS drive. PB are relying on those that are not tech savvy enough to do that.
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote:Imgur terms of service prohibit third party hosting so as everyone leave PB and goes there then it wont take long before they seriously clamp down on things.

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it."

One of the best hosting sites out there is imagshack but they cost. TBH it's not that simply to find good secure and free image hosting and they will all end up going down the route of PB but what they are asking for is silly money. It would be cheaper to buy a domain name and hosting space and host your own images or even purchase NAS drive. PB are relying on those that are not tech savvy enough to do that.
Nice but it was you that recomended Imgur in the first place... :roll:
Watty

Post by Watty »

VTRDark wrote:Imgur terms of service prohibit third party hosting so as everyone leave PB and goes there then it wont take long before they seriously clamp down on things.

It's all too bloody complicated :crazy:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

MacV2 wrote:

Nice but it was you that recomended Imgur in the first place... :roll:
:lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

I've got a domain people can throw their images on if they want, I'll need to sort out the server at some point as I don't think I've looked at it in the best part of 6 months but I can create a directory for peoples' images if required...

If anybody is interested send me a PM, I'll give you an email address to send the image to and use it as an excuse to kick my butt into gear :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I think I'll just describe things using words.

My bucket has a hole in it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:I think I'll just describe things using words.

Pin Hole, round finger size, crack, jagged hole...

If your gonna do it this way Tony we need a bit more detail mate...I mean come on you haven't even told us what coulor it is...Poor show IMO...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:I think I'll just describe things using words.

They all have holes in them, how else you gonna get the water in...?