Fake Victim Culture

General Biker Banter
Mav617

Fake Victim Culture

Post by Mav617 »

It's always puzzled me why people would put out fake tweets/Faceblurt messages about victims of catastrophes etc. What do they get out of it? Pretty good article on the BBC about it, still think whoever does it is twisted :twisted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-40419479
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
AMCQ46

Re: Fake Victim Culture

Post by AMCQ46 »

I am not sure where the hell society is going to these days, its full of nutters!.

makes me glad I am old but worried about my kids and their kids 8O :cry:
AMcQ
podman

Post by podman »

It is such a vile thing to do but those that do such can do so for all intents anonymously and without penalty in 99.99% of case.

As you say, we as adults can sniff out and filter these "fake news" articles, most of the time but a childs brain doesn't work like that and they wont to believe in the both the dramatic headlines and the people behind them....that's before we get started on the child groomers...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

strange feckers thats whats wrong with people these days :sad2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Watty

Post by Watty »

AMCQ46 wrote:I am not sure where the hell society is going to these days, its full of nutters!.

makes me glad I am old but worried about my kids and their kids 8O :cry:
This is exactly my thoughts Al! :(
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Fake news and manipulation has been around forever. When I was at college we learnt a story of an American civil war Washington post reporter moving a body out of the trench and into the open battlefield to do the drawing and make it look like something that was not and then was published in the Washington post.

In this day and age and the Internet and world of social media things are much worse and it goes as far as manipulating votes in elections etc. Just take a look at the guy they killed in the recent attack on London bridge outside the Wheatsheaf with what looks like beer cans in the dark and blurry image and said to be fake explosives. For all we know they where planted there for the image and manipulated for political purposes. Lets face it the people are not only cleared out the area for their own safety but to retain and manipulate the evidence. I'm not saying it was faked or not. We simply will never know the truth as we where not there but most folk are convinced by what they are told and make a judgement.

Personally I always have an open mind about things unless I see something for myslef with my own two eyes. Even most of that is fake and and an interpretation of what our brain makes up from key frames. The brain takes snapshots (keyframes) and fills the in-between gaps with an interpretation between A ans B frames. So next time someone says they didn't see the car in an accident...they most likely did not.

We can no longer believe what we see or read online or on television. Take it all with a pinch of salt and don't let emotions contaminate you thoughts. It's not only civilians manipulating things either in words or images but the media and also other countries as in the American elections. What is worrying is that fake news is like the latest fad and the use of computers and software can make things even more believable. It started with photo manipulation in advertising and now it goes as far as manipulating people for political purposes.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-0 ... television

See the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmajJTcpNk

There's even bigger dangers with faking things. Mix the truth with fake and cause confusion so nobody ever knows the truth and causes a smokescreen. This is an old tactic that the Russians in particular are extremely good at. It's a form of warfare.

Alister I see you have reached your limit with Photobucket. They have shot themselves in the foot and are total crap now. Use Imgur. I feared this day would come a couple of years back when they went through the whole new design of their site.

Oh' and don't worry about the kids. They will either end up part of the elite or mega rich and those that want to comply and live forever with 3D printed hearts and electronic implants etc...part of the borg collective or will end up in the cull to reduce the population crisis and may end up as a brain in a jar like some sci-fi movie wired up to lots of other brains as part of a collective and electronics to power the grid for the elite and rich or they may end up part of the resistance. First we will have Mad Max, Terminator and then we will have Elysium. Star Trek is in further away. Either that or the world will be rebooted so all that is known now will be forgotten and things start from the beginning again and all that will be left is Archaeology whereas we have discovered mysteries like the Pyramids amongst many others, future beings will find what we have left behind. :roll:
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Another fine rant from the Leigion of Tin Foil Hatters... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote:
Much lol.

It's hard to tell what's fake and what's not these days. A friend claims that the Fake Sheikh was actually a real person employed by the Sun newspaper.

I merely laughed, and pointed out that the Sun isn't actually a newspaper.

Remember Shake and Bake?

Tried it, the milk boils over, goes everywhere and the oven needs cleaning afterwards.

Salt and Sheikh crisps?
Too oily.

Seems to me that a President that communicates using 140 characters has a fairly extreme personality disorder.

But wait, maybe I misunderstood- is this a thread about a victim culture that isn't based on factual events, or is it that the culture itself has fake victims? I demand a public enquiry, and mass resignations, if not jailings- is it still too early to start demanding beheadings?

If heads must roll, bring back the Roundheads, I cry, for at least they'll make a decent job of it.

More tinfoil, vicar?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's all fake. As Pink Floyd once said "life is one big hallucination"
http://nerdist.com/your-brain-has-a-fra ... etty-slow/

I haven't quite worked out if what my ears hear are true or not. What I ear might be there or over ear. :lol:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

How do you know the stuff on nerdist.com ain't fake as well. You did say you can't believe the TV or stuff online ???

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well we truly will never know so treat it like politics and decide for yourself. But I first heard of it on the Christmas Lecture's by Dr Robert Winston if we want to believe him. :lol: Remember the flick books, early moving pictures, now speed that up and it would look totally smooth just like what we watch on TV 25fps, 50fps. Have you ever wondered why in some emergency situations things can look like they are moving in slow motion. That's our brain processing the images from the lens. Maybe that's linked to adrenaline somehow as a way of slowing things down to give us the time to react like we're in some kind of time travel. :wink:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

"But I first heard of it on the Christmas Lecture's by Dr Robert Winston"
Did you see him in person or on TV or a youtube vid (which could be cleverly faked, unless the vid showing that things can be faked is it self faked... ;-) or do you pick and choose what to believe based on your prior beliefs.

Suggest you read 'Eye and Brain' by Richard Gregory. :-) and research top-down v bottom-up debate in psychology.

Anyway what's that do with sick people coming up with false victims in recent terrorist attacks and disasters as per the original post.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts