multi bike ins

General Biker Banter
budd

multi bike ins

Post by budd »

I'm just sorting out renewing my insurance and as I've recently acquired a little Honda 125 scooter for nipping to the shops/pub on I was wandering if I could combine this with the main bike policy rather than having 2 separate ones running, so as anyone used or could recommend a insurer who offer the facility to add another bike on to the policy.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
grumpyfrog

Re: multi bike ins

Post by grumpyfrog »

Hastings do it.
To be honest I wouldn't bother at all.
It will cost you the admin fee + anything else on top. If you decide to change a bike it costs again. Right pain in the hoop.
Wasn't that much cheaper to have separate covers and easier to deal with.
Just my opinion.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I've had a multi-bike policy through eBike for years. For me it makes it easier as I only have one policy to deal with and I've made changes to the policy over the years without being charged an admin fee. I haven't changed bikes for a while so I don't know if that is still the case.

What you don't get is third party cover to ride other peoples bikes but I think that's the case with a lot of policies these days.

Al.
podman

Post by podman »

If you have 2 seperate policies, you can only use your NCB on one bike, so the second(or third etc) bike can cost a lot more.

For example, a few years back with Swintons, my LC was more to insure than my (NCB applied) Hayabusa.

A 125cc scooter may not make that much difference but anything bigger I would consider going on a multibike insurer.

Im with Carole Nash on a multibike policy and they do offer cover for riding other peoples bikes and breakdown cover too.

As most Firestorms are 15+ years old, it may even fall under their modern classic policy, worth asking.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i have a 3 bike AVIVA/CIA policy with the firestorm, my old KH125 and the GasGas enduro bike... that also allows 3rd party on other peoples bikes

worked out cheeper than 3 separate policies and easier to remember! but now need to see what happens when I claim on it!!
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

e-bike for me aswell. two bikes for £148 and allows me to ride other peeps bikes aswell.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

firestorm_al wrote:I've had a multi-bike policy through eBike for years. For me it makes it easier as I only have one policy to deal with and I've made changes to the policy over the years without being charged an admin fee. I haven't changed bikes for a while so I don't know if that is still the case.

What you don't get is third party cover to ride other peoples bikes but I think that's the case with a lot of policies these days.

Al.
fabiostar wrote:e-bike for me aswell. two bikes for £148 and allows me to ride other peeps bikes aswell.
I was with eBike for years as well (only for the one bike though), I only left them when their online site became non accessible, and an heavy increase at renewal for no apparent reason two years following.

Out of interest is eBike's online site, where you used to be able to access and make changes to your policy yourself such as add a second bike etc now back up and running again :?:

Another thing which used to annoy me was the price eBike charged if you needed to phone them, is that still the same :?:

Chris.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

sirch345 wrote: I was with eBike for years as well (only for the one bike though), I only left them when their online site became non accessible, and an heavy increase at renewal for no apparent reason two years following.

Out of interest is eBike's online site, where you used to be able to access and make changes to your policy yourself such as add a second bike etc now back up and running again :?:

Another thing which used to annoy me was the price eBike charged if you needed to phone them, is that still the same :?:

Chris.
I just renewed my policy this morning. Mid term policy changes now cost £15. The chap I spoke to on the phone said that they hope to have a new on-line system up and running in the next month or so. I do miss that as it made it really easy to declare all of the modifications to the bikes rather than having to spend ages on the phone.

They don't charge for phoning them at the moment as that has been the only way to contact them since the site went tits up a couple of years ago. I remember it well as it was right before I was due to change bikes and I had to use a "back door" line to get someone on the phone.

Al.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Carole Nash do multi-bike.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

firestorm_al wrote:
sirch345 wrote: I was with eBike for years as well (only for the one bike though), I only left them when their online site became non accessible, and an heavy increase at renewal for no apparent reason two years following.

Chris.
I just renewed my policy this morning. Mid term policy changes now cost £15. The chap I spoke to on the phone said that they hope to have a new on-line system up and running in the next month or so. I do miss that as it made it really easy to declare all of the modifications to the bikes rather than having to spend ages on the phone.

They don't charge for phoning them at the moment as that has been the only way to contact them since the site went tits up a couple of years ago. I remember it well as it was right before I was due to change bikes and I had to use a "back door" line to get someone on the phone.

Al.
That was the best bit IMHO where you could add all your own bike details and practically almost any modifications when you were looking for a quote, it was unique, you could even get a price at the end without even needing to phone them. Yes, as you say much easier than spending ages on the phone. A BIG shame they stopped doing that.

It will be interesting to see if they do get a new on-line site back up and running again.

Thanks for getting back to me Al,

Chris.
budd

Post by budd »

cheers for the replies, the renewal for my Aprilia through Bennetts is £86 fully comp, while a separate policy for the Honda Dylan 125 is £78 this is as someone mentioned due to not been able to use the NCB on more than one policy I'm going to ring bennetts and see how much it is to add the scooter, I remember the days of the rider policy much simpler all round one policy lots of bikes.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
podman

Post by podman »

budd wrote:cheers for the replies, the renewal for my Aprilia through Bennetts is £86 fully comp, while a separate policy for the Honda Dylan 125 is £78 this is as someone mentioned due to not been able to use the NCB on more than one policy I'm going to ring bennetts and see how much it is to add the scooter, I remember the days of the rider policy much simpler all round one policy lots of bikes.
If your renewal is coming up, thats perfect timing to go down the multi bike policy route...The insurers wont necessarily offer you one but if for example, you ring Carole Nash and ask for one with the 2 bikes, see what it works out at..Your scooter is nearly twice the price it cost me to add my KR1 to my CN policy with an agreed value of £4500...
budd

Post by budd »

Insurance sorted, Bennetts quoted £126 for both the Aprilia and the Honda on the same policy, I linked to Bennetts via Quidco so there's an extra £20 off for going through them end result £106 2 bikes fully comp, :thumbup:
Watty

Post by Watty »

budd wrote:Insurance sorted, Bennetts quoted £126 for both the Aprilia and the Honda on the same policy, I linked to Bennetts via Quidco so there's an extra £20 off for going through them end result £106 2 bikes fully comp, :thumbup:
Mega result :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!