Back on the road!

General Biker Banter
Murv

Back on the road!

Post by Murv »

Huge thanks to Mac, as always, for providing garage services and expertise and to Steve (sorry mate, forgot your forum name again) for help and general p1ss taking.
Two long weekends, but it's all done and running like a dream.
I mainly just held spanners and got shouted at, but did manage to fix an electrical fault by changing the oil filter (don't ask) :lol:
We only had to change one part to get it running again, but as that part was the engine, it was a big job!
Huge thanks again, top bloke for giving up so much time to help out, having his tools abused and suffering endless p1ss taking from the Essex chapter!
MacV2

Re: Back on the road!

Post by MacV2 »

Don't break this one...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

Good news and fair play to all those involved, great sense of camaraderie on this forum.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Did you stick a plastic bag anywhere on this one? Or did you take my advice and place one over your head!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Did you stick a plastic bag anywhere on this one? Or did you take my advice and place one over your head!
Paper bag!

All holes stuffed by the seller of said engine were removed prior to instalation...

I did have to tell Murv a couple of times to stuff paper down the cam chain tunnel when removing the Cam Chain top cover... At least one bolt fell gently into the soft folds of paper... I may have raised my voice slightly when telling him the second time...

MacStressed of Grain...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You must have the patience of a Saint, faced with Reg Prentice and his junior less gifted apprentice. For those not old enough check out Kenny Everetts DIY expert!
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

+1 on what Podman said.....well done fellas :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

A good outcome, well done to all involved.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Phew!
It's a good job you are on part time and Light duties Mac 8O

I take my hat off to you. With all these engine swaps I don't know how you ever found the time to work :wave:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal