London Terror Threat

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: London Terror Threat

Post by Wicky »

Salty Dog wrote:So have any Muslim Leaders in London come out in public to denounce and condemn this behaviour?
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/lo ... 96876.html
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

VTR Phoenix wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:I don't want to get into this not all Muslims are terrorists dabate, because at the moment when its comes to religious terrorism Islam is topping the charts, so there is an inherent problems, but to say that all Muslims are terrorists is wrong, they are getting a far worse end of the stick when it comes to suffering from religious extremism.
No one has said all Muslim's are terrorists, but it's a religion that is causing so much pain, hurt and violence across the whole world. You try deporting them, banning the religion here, refusing entry to people.from certain countries and they will all be up in arms about their "human rights". What about the most basic of human rights for the victims, the right to life, that is taken away from them in an instant, for what? That's it RELIGION!

No one has said that....YET, but I can see where the topic was going, at the end of the day laws are a fickle thing, whether it comes out of the human rights courts in Europe or our own, and trust me its our courts and laws that have been failing us a lot more than the courts in Europe.

From what I am reading the failure is compounded by lawyers that skirt around the wording of the law, laws that are designed to protect peoples human rights, lawyers are clever people and regardless of who they are representing it is there duty and oath to represent them as best of their ability that they can.

I don't think you will get any arguments from anyone left or right of the political spectrum when it comes to deporting people engaged in people recruitment, spreading hatred, helping or aiding in acts of terrorism that are not born in this country, the problem lays in the laws made to protect people human rights, which are there for good reason and the ability of clever solicitors, barristers and lawyers in almost warping them to cover someone who they were never designed to protect.

As for banning Islam, personally I would like to ban all religions, they are outdated and backwards and have no place in modern society, and when I say religions, that means ALL, but then as an atheist I demand that other people respect my views, so for me to engage in a campaign of banning religions it would make me nothing more than a hypocrite.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Hard to imagine from here(Down Under) what it must feel like .

I have been fortunate enough to walk that bridge on more than one Occassion and savour it's ambiance, now to see this just helps to validate why I am in no big hurry to visit Europe etc again.

The last trip was a doozy and I witnessed glimpses of concern. Enough to make me think twice before enduring another flight .

Last time I was in London about 4 years ago some nutter was holed up in an office block with an LPG cylinder and a cigarette lighter, on reflection this seems tame compared to what has happened.

Thoughts Go Out!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Jo Cox's murderer wasn't a Muslim. I very much doubt that any of the nutters who carry out these acts have any understanding of Islam. I am anti-religious, but you can't "ban" religions - a few states tried that is the past.

Did we try to ban Roman Catholicism because the IRA were ostensibly Catholics? Were all Irish IRA terrorists?

It was a terribly sad day for London and the UK - but for those who choose to rant about all Muslims, I would wager that a good many of the hospital staff treating the injured were also Muslim and also equally appalled by what happened.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Point,that!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
davebonline

Post by davebonline »

[As for banning Islam, personally I would like to ban all religions, they are outdated and backwards and have no place in modern society, and when I say religions, that means ALL, but then as an atheist I demand that other people respect my views, so for me to engage in a campaign of banning religions it would make me nothing more than a hypocrite.]

Out of interest, why would you want to ban all religions?
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

davebonline wrote:Out of interest, why would you want to ban all religions?
Because, with a few exceptions, they are dogmatic representations of a 'man's dominion over everything' philosophy which is at polar odds with an inclusive, respectful society.

In relation to other posts on this I'm astonished, but not surprised at the vitriol inflicted on VTR Dark. It was a considered and informed opinion met with alternative opinion when it should have been met with a question: why?

There's no clearer evidence for the concepts raised by him than the very first sentence of the very first post of this thread.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

freeridenick wrote:
Because, with a few exceptions, they are dogmatic representations of a 'man's dominion over everything' philosophy which is at polar odds with an inclusive, respectful society.

In relation to other posts on this I'm astonished, but not surprised at the vitriol inflicted on VTR Dark. It was a considered and informed opinion met with alternative opinion when it should have been met with a question: why?

There's no clearer evidence for the concepts raised by him than the very first sentence of the very first post of this thread.
Eh...Carl's post was wrong from the start Dude...haven't seen the news ect & then blaming the media for making it all up...he's been back on and appologised so all is right with the world...

Apart from the religous numbnuts causing havoc in the name of their god...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
davebonline

Re: RE: Re: London Terror Threat

Post by davebonline »

freeridenick wrote:
Which few exceptions?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

davebonline wrote:
freeridenick wrote:
Which few exceptions?
Paganism...

Buddhism...

Stormism...

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

[quote="MacV2"]

Amen brother Mac..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

Amen brother Mac..... :lol:
CAN I GET A HELL YEAH !
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!

seen as we are extremely un-orthodox'd
does that make us extremist's?......... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

IM WITH YA BROTHER ON THAT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!

seen as we are extremely un-orthodox'd
does that make us extremist's?......... :lol:
Dunno about extremist's Marty but theres a fair few Arthritics among us... :lol: :lol: