Firestorm Face book page

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: Firestorm Face book page

Post by Kev L »

Shallow! Where do I sign up, shallower than a puddle in the Atacama desert me! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:I have just realised what Facebook reminds me of....

its a free but crap reality TV show!!!!!!!

some really shallow people trying to be famous for 15mins and the number of people who like or comment validates their need for peer group approval.

but then then when the get bad comments they must crack up inside :D
Al I've seen people ask for other facebook members opinions, and when they've been negative, they go into meltdown, rather sad really, but it can also be amusing.
there are loads of good fb members tho, but they don't post much, the ones that tend to post a lot, are the ones seeking approval. I just take the rough with the smooth, and ignore the idiots.
I was a moderator for a year, thankless task, and in the end I was getting grief, so I chucked it in, it just wasn't worth my time.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I was a moderator for a year, thankless task, and in the end I was getting grief
Well that's faceppop all over. Saying that though admin/mod work is very much dependent on the community and there are good and bad places. A lot of it also comes down to how the staff members work together and run things too.

I wont knock faceppop for once as it has it uses but it is part of something bigger and not seen on the surface. You don't get anything for nothing in this world. All I will say is don't go posting pics or info about your children or anyone else you care about for that matter without their permission as you don't know where they will end up or what they are used for or what consequences this could mean to them in the future. Post cat pics if you think these are safe, but even cat pics are being data mined for facial recognition software's. We don't want robocop shooting the wrong target in the future.
==============================Enter the Darkside
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

correct

The world of data capture and mining etc etc is a quite sinister place in my view. All those 'what personality are you', 'can you spell this wombles simple word', 'play this nice little game by answering a few innocent questions' and so on things are all designed to profile individuals, the data which is then sold to organisations for ads or 'suggested posts' etc etc.

The not so innocent side is the rise of fake news, misinformation and so on that you get to see posted to you that can and does influence behaviour, opinion and so on. So what? A peculiar behavioural thing is that if someone believes something strong enough and is presented with all kinds of evidence to the contrary then rather than question themselves they strengthen the original belief.

Way back (just had to go find this) I was mindful of an article about FB, where it came from, who funded it and what else they get/got up to - here it is and given anything posted is not truly yours, or able to be truly deleted ad you have few rights to content, well it's why i for one reckon Fb is a huge exploitation of peoples' trust, ignorance and blind stupidity in many cases. And to save you reading the article - the old board had neocon, controlling, anti-liberal sentiments by the bucket load. Hello Mr Trump.......
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i see a nice thread started on "what do I need to do to get 125bhp?"
AMcQ
macdee

Post by macdee »

AMCQ46 wrote:i see a nice thread started on "what do I need to do to get 125bhp?"
The old get a sp answer
told you not to but oh no you knew better
macdee

Post by macdee »

AMCQ46 wrote:i see a nice thread started on "what do I need to do to get 125bhp?"
The old get a sp answer
told you not to but oh no you knew better
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

macdee wrote:
The old get a sp answer
NNNOOO .......... paint it yellow :lol:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:
macdee wrote:
The old get a sp answer
NNNOOO .......... paint it yellow :lol:
that guys been sending me pm's asking lots of questions, and I've tried to answer them, but he just keeps asking. I think he's finally given up on me replying now.
i'd love a storm with that power, but that's mori territory and I can't afford or justify it financially.
i'm more than happy with my 106 bhp...... :thumbup:
gets me in plenty of trouble... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
YETI

Post by YETI »

Hummmmm yeah cheers marty , I've been answering umpteen questions myself?? And I've explained that you can't get 125bhp cheap ? It doesn't work like that.
YETI the wise LOL
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

YETI wrote:Hummmmm yeah cheers marty , I've been answering umpteen questions myself?? And I've explained that you can't get 125bhp cheap ? It doesn't work like that.
YETI the wise LOL
you being the expert on these matters, I thought it best to send him to your door.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
how are you getting on, dealing with the guys use of grammar...............pmsl
makes me chuckle tho, the main reason people buy these bikes, is because they're cheap, then they think it'll be easy to find a 25% power gain.... :roll:
try getting a similar gain from any machine and its going to cost a lot.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Dunno, a blower and nitrous will do that easily, and not too expensive either, unless you factor in the new engine once a fortnight.

Suggest that to him or her and watch the fun.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:Dunno, a blower and nitrous will do that easily, and not too expensive either, unless you factor in the new engine once a fortnight.

Suggest that to him or her and watch the fun.
Ok will do... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Sounds like a fun filled place.....lol though I have never ventured there myself.....
One thing I have noticed through the years is usually the guys who just has to have the most HP are also the ones that never twist the throttle as it is..... 8O :lol:
IMHO the best advice now days (mainly due to the rarity of the good bits) would be do the flywheel, leave the rest of the internals stock (carbs, airbox & exhaust are easy) and buy a good set of wheels.
But when have motorbikes listened to reason...... :eek2 :lol: :lol:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Watty

Post by Watty »

cheekykev wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote: So a couple of questions:
1) what is it that face book offers that the forum doesn't. Is it that all your other virtual friends can't see the likes and comments and photos? Or is it easier to use
2) am I alone in these thoughts
You've touched a nerve with me here, no you're not on your own, I reluctantly joined for the very same reasons as yourself, but I must admit I hate facebook with a passion, like yourself I know people on there, both on and off this forum who put stuff on there that is grossly exaggerated, and sometimes utter rubbish.
I can see a use for it where families who are living apart can keep in contact with what's going on, but on the whole, in my opinion facebook is 85% full of sad people living imaginary lives with nothing better to do than post up, or read malicious, useless, idol gossip, If some of those people were so active as they would like us to believe they wouldn't have time to be on facebook so much in the first place.
Plus I don't understand why you would want everyone knowing what you are up to, but then maybe that's just me, because at the end of the day I like to live a private life, and spend my time enjoying it, not living it on a screen.
Regards the forum, I just hope that facebook doesn't destroy this forum like it has done to many others, I always use this forum, or phone one of the forum members if I need help.
looking at some of the rubbish advise, and false information I've seen given on facebook I would never dream of looking on there for help.
Rant over :Wall:
+1 . This forum is so structured, easy to search, friendly and full of good advice it beats Facebook hands down ( of which I'm only a member for Freelander information ). Otherwise, as Kev says, I hate it with a passion! My rant over! :Argue 1:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!