Re: SINGLE SEAT UNIT`s & BODYWORK KITS

Post by fabiostar »

lloydie wrote:ImageImage

have to say ian that does look spanking :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

He's not going to give you that motor, don't matter how many compliments you lob at him! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sebimoto stuff is sh1t. Marty had one of their tail units and it was very badly made along with a dodgy fit. Not much better than some of the Chinese stuff IMO.

That looks great Yeti...love how it looks and slightly taller than the OM tail and hump. The only thing that puts me off is the lack of quick access for storage and to the battery. But I guess it wouldn't be to difficult to cut a hole in the elbow part of the hump and fit a pad which clips into the hole so there is then quick access to some storage. I say some storage but it would be more than OM. As for the battery it's only 4 bolts to remove the whole thing and if anyone wants to charge their battery then that's where cables come in which can easily hang to the side for a quick connection. :thumbup:

Your teasing me now :wink:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It would probably work with dzus fasteners if quick access is that necessary.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Steve6088 wrote:https://www.sebimoto.com/fairing-for-mo ... -solo-seat

Has anybody tried the sebimoto single seat rear fairing?

It is a lot cheaper than this option but I'm presuming the quality/fit wont be great
sebimoto is crao mate, i got a carbon single seat cowl off of them a few years ago, you sould see through the carbon weave, it only had 2 mounting tabs instead of three, and they were wonky, and the shape wasn't right, so i had to trim it to fit. almost seemed like they put a newbie on the job.
i'd never reccomend them. problem is, these firms provide race fairing, which are inherantly crap, as the bikes probably going to be crashed anyways, looks good from 5yds away, but up close they're awful.
from what i've seen of yetis seat unit pictures, and what i know of ian's level of perfection, i don't doubt these will ne spot on.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

To heck with the tail unit for the moment! - I really like the polished forks, the gold wheels, the black front mudguard and the polished frame. Not to mention it's an Anniversay edition (well......was). SACRILEGE! :Disbelief: ( :wink: )

I'd love my frame polished like that, but I don't think I'd have it in me to keep it that way thesedays.

S'gonna look good when the seat thingy is all sprayed up to match :thumbup: (with white number boards and carbon strips I hope) :think:

Hmmmm. If you get the full custom fairing on it, it'll look like a Ducati. Maybe that's the plan? :twisted: :lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
YETI

Post by YETI »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:To heck with the tail unit for the moment! - I really like the polished forks, the gold wheels, the black front mudguard and the polished frame. Not to mention it's an Anniversay edition (well......was). SACRILEGE! :Disbelief: ( :wink: )

I'd love my frame polished like that, but I don't think I'd have it in me to keep it that way thesedays.

S'gonna look good when the seat thingy is all sprayed up to match :thumbup: (with white number boards and carbon strips I hope) :think:

Hmmmm. If you get the full custom fairing on it, it'll look like a Ducati. Maybe that's the plan? :twisted: :lol:
Hummmmm .... you missed a few bits off ?
The stage 1 engine 128bhp with moriwaki carbs with moriwaki velocity stacks and k&n filter with airbox mod
The Metmachex Swingarm and AP rear brake .
The Penske rear shock .
The full system stg1 titanium Moriwaki exhaust .
The Samco hose kit
The white carbon hugger
The Ohlins damper
Moriwaki clip ons
Moriwaki yolks
AP 6 pot front brakes
Those wheels are Dymag
The Harris 24ltr tank
The AP master cylinder
The Moriwaki rearsetts
The Fireblade front end ....
Think that's it ? But room for improvement in the bodywork department ...... hence the seat unit .
Chances are I'll just be going red sith number boards of some sort with the indicators integrated into the seat .

YETI ..
TheGingerBeardMan

YETI wrote:Hummmmm .... you missed a few bits off ?
Erm, yes (*coughs), I was um...gonna mention all that other stuff. Honest (*coughs louder) :lol:

I initially didn't look at the bike. (I know, how dare I) - At first, I thought: Jeez - look at the size of them stones in his garden!!

And then....I spotted the wee stone under the front tyre....to save the paddock stand digging in and the whole lot toppling forward.

And then..I looked at the bike....and thought: oooh...red mirrors....would look good on mine :lol:

But, it all blends well, and will look (and will be) a fechin' sweet bike. (mind you, it's bloody tasty now, and it's not even finished yet!)

Oh, to have a wallet that I could choke a horse with.... :cry:

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

whats the tank from, or whos it made by? i never even realised looking at it that it was bigger? :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
TheGingerBeardMan

As yer running a Penske shock on the rear, are you using Maxton springs in the blade front end, or is it a Maxton steering damper??

Just curious, as I notice under the tail unit / above the tail light, you have a Maxton decal.... :thumbup:

Only the best stuff Mr Yeti ! (''why of course'' he says....''there's no point if not!'')

YETI

Post by YETI »

It's an aluminium 24ltr Harris tank .
Yes Maxton up front .
And an Ohlins side mounted damper .
macdee

Post by macdee »

Yeti what you doing with your old 50th seat
I would take that off your hands
told you not to but oh no you knew better
redpig

Post by redpig »

Would you mind posting a few more pics of the infernal machine for us to slaver over please?
God forbid but I think the colour might be growing on me.
ook
YETI

Post by YETI »

macdee wrote:Yeti what you doing with your old 50th seat
I would take that off your hands
I'm hanging on to the old seat unit , it's a Corbin seat and I would poss pop it on one of my others .
I'll try and find a few more photos of the old girl and post them somewhere else.
Hoping I've found a paint sprayer who can spray my new seat up ( fingers crossed ) so should have a finished photo soon .
Regards

YETI..